angelhdz12

Transparency Tool on rastered layers Unhandled Exception bug still present in final release

I'm little bit disappointed and sad, that I purchased the final release of Affinity Designer, but it still have a bug that I reported many times.
When we apply the Transparency Tool on rastered layers, and then hit Undo, it used to display an Unhandled Exception error message. Now it simply crashes the program.

I think that if you don't want to support a feature, at least you have to show the user some message. Not just displaying an unhandled exception message that the user doesn't know what it mean. As I'm a savvy user, I read through the forum, and I then learned that it's a feature not to be implemented, to apply transparency tool to rastered layers because, and I quote [there are already many ways to achieve this]. So the obvious step would be to just display a simple message "Transparency Tool can't be applied to rastered layers". That's it. But when you apply it, nothing happens. Then you hit Undo and "oops" the program crashes.

And this is something unavoidable because one does get used to apply the transparency tool in a regular basis, so when you are at a rastered layer, you unconsciously apply it, then you remember "oh, I'm on a rastered layer, snaps%&*#@!". Then you hit UNDO and "kaBoOm" the program throws a baby tamtrum.

Well...

This is actually quite an old bug the app has inherited from the shared code from the Mac side. I too would like to see this fixed, but until it gets sorted for the Mac we are not able to sort it in Windows. I don't think it's a case of we don't want to support the feature though, we've just not found a good way to implement it safely yet. I do agree though there should be a preventative measure whilst we are still working on it.