You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Targeting Inside / Powerclip

I just realized that by using the Target / Inside, Affinity Designer has nearly the same clipping power of CorelDraw!!  I've used a lot of vector programs, but nothing comes close.  (never used AI, but understand it doesn't either)

If you're moving from Windows / CD, and you're looking for a similar feature:

Set the TARGET to INSIDE, open your MEDIA BROWSER, then simply drag your elements in.  To edit, click on the layer panel, and drag, resize, add effects, etc.

So great to see!

• Staff

Busenitz,

Illustrator has a similar feature called Drawing Modes.

There's three options: Draw Normal, Draw Behind, or Draw Inside all self-explanatory. I´m not sure however if i can drag images directly using this. But it doesn't seem so. 

Back to the topic i can relate. I've found a few surprises myself in Affinity Designer. We really should create a topic about this. There's a lot of cool stuff in Affinity and threads about bugs only show what's not working (yet). 

[EDIT] Oops, just realised this topic is in the tutorials section...sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...