You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to create an Affinity Store account

this whole system is very confusing. I have purchased the app in the App Store. now I am told to register a account in the store which is not letting me do that.

I add my mail and it is not accepted. please will you help me with a clear way to get the gift without the process.

24 minutes ago, melcher said:

this whole system is very confusing. I have purchased the app in the App Store. now I am told to register a account in the store which is not letting me do that.

I add my mail and it is not accepted. please will you help me with a clear way to get the gift without the process.

There are two different stores, the Mac App Store run by Apple (where you bought the app if you are a Mac user) & the Affinity Store run by Serif/Affinity (where you can get the bonus content). Serif/Affinity has no way of knowing who specifically bought an Affinity (or any other app) from the Mac App Store.

To get the content, you must open the Welcome screen in the Affinity app (which you can do from the Help menu) after updating it to the newest version (from the Mac App Store if you are a Mac user). The Welcome screen has several slides on the right, one of which contains a "Claim Now" button. Click that & an Affinity Store page should open in your browser. Unless you previously bought the Designer Workbook or one of the Windows versions of an Affinity app, you probably do not have an Affinity Store account, so to create one, click on the "New to the Store" tab. This is where you fill in your account details.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 5 months later...
On 11/15/2017 at 4:34 PM, MEB said:

Hi gravy,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry for the trouble you are going through. We are not ignoring anyone. What happened is that currently we don't sell the Mac applications through the Affinity Store, so if you are a Mac user the Buy button on our website redirects you to the Mac App Store while for Windows users it redirects them to our store. Since these stores are completely independent (it's Apple who manages the Mac App Store) Mac users don't have an account on our (Affinity) Store - unless they have bought the Affinity Designer Workbook which is the only item we sell there besides the Windows versions of our apps. So to get the extras, you have to fill in you details on the New to Affinity? tab in our store in order to complete the "extras" order and create an account. So basically the Mac apps are updated through the Mac App Store app but the extras are provided through the Affinity Store. It may look confusing for now but we may eventually expand the Affinity Store to sell other items and eventually mac apps too later, so in the end it will all hopefully make more sense.

From your previous posts seems you already got the extras but if not let us know so we can help you out. Thanks for your support and patience.

Hi,

I purchased Affinity from the Apple Store, and when I tried logging in to the website with my iCloud account, it said that it did not exist. Then, I moved on to creating an account with one of my main email IDs, and it worked, but I can't seem to find a way to connect my software (purchased from the Apple Store) with my account on the website. How do I achieve this? The account I created keeps telling me to purchase Affinity, but I have already purchased it from the Apple Store. 

1 hour ago, Ana said:

The account I created keeps telling me to purchase Affinity, but I have already purchased it from the Apple Store.

The home page of the Affinity Store displays the current range of products, each accompanied by a 'Buy' button, regardless of whether or not you've signed in, but you don't need to buy anything! When you click on your name next to the 'Sign Out' button in the top right-hand corner of the page, you'll be taken to your account page, and clicking on the link to 'Downloads & Product Keys' on that page will give you access to the downloads for your free content.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2018 at 5:13 PM, αℓƒяє∂ said:

The home page of the Affinity Store displays the current range of products, each accompanied by a 'Buy' button, regardless of whether or not you've signed in, but you don't need to buy anything! When you click on your name next to the 'Sign Out' button in the top right-hand corner of the page, you'll be taken to your account page, and clicking on the link to 'Downloads & Product Keys' on that page will give you access to the downloads for your free content.

I am aware of the part where I can access the "Downloads & Product Keys" section. The problem is that when I go there, though I can download the "macro-pack", it has no acknowledgement of the fact that I purchased both Affinity Photo and Designer from the App store. 

44 minutes ago, Ana said:

The problem is that when I go there, though I can download the "macro-pack", it has no acknowledgement of the fact that I purchased both Affinity Photo and Designer from the App store

As has been explained earlier, if you purchased the apps from the Mac App Store (which is run by Apple), then there is no way for the Affinity Store (run by Serif) to verify that. So what you are seeing is normal & nothing to worry about. You can get Affinity app updates through the Mac App Store in the usual way, using your Apple ID.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have been thinking maybe I do not have an affinity store account for my gmail address even though I purchased affinity photo through my gmail, I don't know if that makes sense or not, I was just wondering if that is a possibility since I can find affinity designer on my yahoo mail. I just cannot get my gmail address to be found or recognized. That seems to be the problem or at least part of the problem.

• 10 months later...
  • Staff

Salut Kap,
Bienvenue sur Affinity Forums :)
Vous devrez créer un compte Affinity lorsque vous achèterez le logiciel dans la Affinity Store. Si vous achetez les applications via Microsoft ou Apple Store, vous n'avez pas besoin de créer un compte Affinity. Vos achats seront liés à votre identifiant Apple ou Microsoft.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @MEB

Hello, to all the regulars of SERIF and AFFINITY applications.
As of today, I am up to date and happy owner of the AFFINITY apps (MAC, and iPad Pro) since the promotion and the 90-day trial during the COVID containment period. In France, it officially ended on May 11, 2020.
So let me make a small additional remark about the debate on Apple user registration (Mac + i-devices)
It is true that it is still not intuitive as the accounts at SERIF do not seem the same from one session to another. (I have two different identifiers, which is troubling.
I didn't get a "SERIF bonus" for applications purchased via Apple 🙁 (While for Affinity Photo I did. Maybe there are no others) JR Macros: Channels

But I am happy to discover the whole team and its reactivity.
The worst for me is to come, I have to switch to Windows soon. Good for SERIF 😋 .
At the same time, I'm listening to the YT channel live (Emily Goater)... (If the videos are still available, I'll try to propose a French transcription of my own).

I will propose my own tutorials in French, once I familiar with the applications and have enough knowledge to create a Live channel. Let me know, dear French-speaking friends, if this is likely to interest you.

No possibility on the forum to place a signature on the hardware used, too bad.
Now I will learn. With kind regards.

French Version
Bonjour, à tous les habitués de SERIF et des applications AFFINITY.
Depuis aujourd'hui, je suis à jour et heureux détenteur des applis AFFINITY (MAC, and iPad Pro) depuis la promotion et l'essai accordé de 90 jours durant la période de confinement COVID. En France, elle a officiellement pris fin le 11 mai 2020.
Donc je me permets une petite remarque supplémentaire concernant le débat sur l'enregistrement des utilisateurs Apple (Mac + i-devices)
Il est vrai que ce n'est toujours pas intuitif dans la mesure où les comptes chez SERIF ne semblent pas les mêmes d'une session à l'autre. (J'ai deux identifiants différents, c'est troublant.
Je n'ai pas obtenu de "bonus SERIF" pour les applications achetées via Apple 🙁. (Alors que pour Affinity Photo j'y ai eu droit. Peut-être n'y en a-t'il pas d'autres) JR Macros: Channels

Mais je suis heureux de découvrir toute l'équipe et sa réactivité.
Le pire pour moi est à venir, je dois passer sur Windows bientôt. Tant mieux pour SERIF 😋.
J'écoute en même temps la chaîne YT en direct (Emily Goater)… (Si les vidéos restent disponibles, j'essaierai de proposer une transcription en Français de mon cru).

je proposerai mes propres tutoriels en français, une fois familiarisé avec les applications et les connaissances suffisantes pour créer une chaîne Live. Dites moi, chers amis francophones si cela est susceptible de vous intéresser.

Pas de possibilité sur le forum de placer une signature concernant le matériel utilisé, dommage.
Maintenant je vais apprendre. Bien cordialement.

1 hour ago, Lajeunesse said:

didn't get a "SERIF bonus" for applications purchased via Apple 🙁 (While for Affinity Photo I did. Maybe there are no others) JR Macros: Channels

The bonus content should be available via an ad in the Welcome Screen when you open an Affinity application that has one. Where you purchased should not matter. This is true for all three stores.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

The bonus content should be available via an ad in the Welcome Screen when you open an Affinity application that has one. Where you purchased should not matter. This is true for all three stores.

FWIW, I bought AP from the Mac App Store. The JR Channels Macros is the first item in the Welcome Screen ads:

255102652_ChannelsMacros.jpg.46569370840b6161bc6f963121ebc271.jpg

I bought AD from the Mac App Store as well. Its last Welcome screen ad is for the free Fine Liner brushes & textures.

Affinity Photo 

• 7 months later...

I already purchased both photo and designer, so how you sign up for the account.It's so dumm that doesn't even have that option, even if i purchased both in my Apple store...Any suggestions please, thank you in advance...

Edited by Nedj

25 minutes ago, Nedj said:

I already purchased both photo and designer, so how you sign up for the account.It's so dumm that doesn't even have that option, even if i purchased both in my Apple store...Any suggestions please, thank you in advance...

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Nedj. :)

You only need an Affinity Store account for purchasing and downloading Affinity Store software or for purchasing physical goods such as the workbooks. If you’ve already made such a purchase you can simply log in to your existing account, but if it’s your first purchase you’ll be guided through the account creation steps.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

35 minutes ago, Nedj said:

4 minutes ago, Alfred said:

but if it’s your first purchase

Or if you're trying to download the free content advertised in the Welcome Screen in your Affinity application, you'll also be guided through the account creation when you click on the offer in the Welcome Screen.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mates,

I bought an old html course book from UK ebay. There is a cd with the book. I have to use photo plus5 but without Affinity store account, I cannot use the product as I cannot have the product key without an account email. Please can I be helped? Thanks

1 hour ago, nurm62@yahoo.com said:

Hi mates,

I bought an old html course book from UK ebay. There is a cd with the book. I have to use photo plus5 but without Affinity store account, I cannot use the product as I cannot have the product key without an account email. Please can I be helped? Thanks

PhotoPlus is from an older (legacy) set of products that is no longer sold. It is not related to the Affinity products, nor to the Affinity Store.

All support is informal via a different set of forums at (I believe) https://community.serif.com.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...