You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Trial for Windows

• Staff

Hi, I'm registered on your web site, for a trial version of Infinity Designer. But in the email that I have received there is only a link for downloading the Mac version. There is a Trial versione of Infinity Designer?

Regards

The Windows trial of Affinity Designer should be available in about a month.

We don't currently have a trial version for Windows

Except that you do, in effect, since the last public beta release (RC10) is still available from the link in this thread. On the downside, it won't have any of the fixes added in the next build, but as it was released less than a week ago there should still be three weeks to go before it expires, which is rather better than the ten days that Mac users have had for their trial version.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Except that you do, in effect, since the last public beta release (RC10) is still available from the link in this thread. On the downside, it won't have any of the fixes added in the next build, but as it was released less than a week ago there should still be three weeks to go before it expires, which is rather better than the ten days that Mac users have had for their trial version.

That build will expire on the 24th it will not last 3 weeks it will last 7 days which is less time than the trial will give you once it is ready :)

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

That build will expire on the 24th it will not last 3 weeks it will last 7 days which is less time than the trial will give you once it is ready :)

Ah, OK. I stand corrected! -_-

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We are testing the trial this week so hopefully soon.

I know the title of this thread address Affinity Designer but will there be a windows Trial for all Affinity products?  I am interested in Affinity Photo but need some time with it before triggers will be pulled, thanks!

I'm very interested with your software, but I find the information and  the navigation are very confused.
You must understand that some of us don't have much time to search informations because our job.
We need to know quickly what is possible with the soft (it's OK)
but too,  how to try it, how to get it, how to pay, are the upgrades free
and soon... and this very clearly.

Bern.

Both apps have far too many features to summarize what is possible in a few sentences. If you are looking for a quick overview, I suggest trying the Affinity home page.

How you buy it depends on which OS you are using (Mac or Windows). Upgrades for all 1.x.x versions are free. Eventually there will be 2.x versions, & these will be paid upgrades, but there are no definite plans or details for that yet.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hey nielsvanvelzen,

We do not have an ETA for the Windows Trial sadly. Our products are covered by a 14 day money back guarantee but this is of course slightly more inconvenient than simply installing a trial if you find the products are not for you. 

Hahahahhhah , you guys.... I always have such a good laugh when I see a mail notification from this  forum cause I know it’s someone that wants to try your product but is just not allowed to , It makes me think “image these guys sold cars” the car is priced really well but you not allowed to  see what it looks like inside or outside cause we working on it , But you can buy one .lol – I really don’t mean to be mean but this seems so crazy right ?  :)

• Staff

Hi pluggedbean,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I don't think that's a fair observation. I understand your point but this was more a sad coincidence than anything else. There's no trial available yet because we launched Affinity Designer and Photo quite recently for the first time on Windows. Due the huge variety of hardware configs there's was a considerable number os issues that cropped out after the program's  release which we are trying to fix as fast as we possibly can. Releasing the trials of the applications at this point without fixing the issues reported/known first wouldn't help neither us - passing a bad impression of the software - neither the users who wouldn't be able to test everything as it was designed/intended to work. 

Both Designer and Photo where available for free for weeks as public Betas before their official release so everyone could try them and give us feedback. We also offer discounts with some regularity (and not necessarily on product launches) so i'm sure there will be other chances/opportunities later. In any case Affinity products are covered by a 14 day money back guarantee as Chris B pointed out so you can be sure you will get your money back in case you are not satisfied with your purchase. I hope you consider it and give it a try in case you are interested.

If you are using a Mac, there's a trial available for Affinity Designer (1.5.4) in Affinity's website. Affinity Photo for Mac will also have a trial soon and it's not available yet too because the 1.5 version introduced quite a few additions and we are still fixing them along with the Windows version.

MEB :
"Due the huge variety of hardware configs there's was a considerable number os issues that cropped out which we are trying to fix as fast as we possibly can. Releasing the trials of the applications at this point without fixing the issues reported/known wouldn't help neither us - passing a bad impression of the software - neither the users who wouldn't be able to test everything as it was designed/intended to work."

You don't offer a Windows trailversion because you need to fix some problems....

It sounds like you don't have a stable working Windows Version if you still fix issues

But you sell a Version with this issues.!? 
sorry I'am confused

Hi there :)

On 12th January I exchanged some e-mails with your support, to receive an information about Affinity Designer trial version for Windows. That day I got a feedback, that you are planning to upload trial for Windows in a week. Could you inform me/us what is the status of the Windows trial version?

• Staff

You don't offer a Windows trailversion because you need to fix some problems....

It sounds like you don't have a stable working Windows Version if you still fix issues

But you sell a Version with this issues.!? 

sorry I'am confused

Hi Frief,

I wasn't very clear sorry. I meant there's was a considerable number of issues that cropped out discovered/reported after Designer/Photo's release on Windows due to a huge number of configs out there.

We are now fixing them before releasing the trials. I've updated the original post to make this clear.

• Staff

Hi there :)

On 12th January I exchanged some e-mails with your support, to receive an information about Affinity Designer trial version for Windows. That day I got a feedback, that you are planning to upload trial for Windows in a week. Could you inform me/us what is the status of the Windows trial version?

The trial is just being tested so shouldn't be much longer now.

How much longer? I'm looking forward to it's release so I can try the program out!

I'm waiting too... would like to try it out on my Windows PC before I purchase. (I've got no MAC :/ )

Is there a release date for the Windows Trial now?