You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is working here. Just to be sure is not a misunderstanding of the procedure, this is the order I do it (as could be some step not being done) :

-click alt and keep it pressed.

-while having that key hold, click right mouse button and keep pressed.

-Now click left mouse button, and keep it pressed, and with the 3 things together pressing, drag the mouse, horizontally or vertically. Horizontally changes the size, vertically the smoothness of the brush.

In a similar way: If you are using a tablet pen, in your wacom or other brand's pen, go to your tablet settings (if allowed, configure it only for Affinity Photo), and in the pen tab, set right mouse button to a side pen button, if it has one. This way, you will need to do a similar operation, just pressing and keeping pressed alt key, keeping the pen side button pressed, and "drawing" (as is your left mouse button now, the tip) , which wont draw as you have the other controls pressed, will do the size or smoothness change, you will check it visually seeing two circles being modified.

Not every one is able to easily press 3 things at a time comfortably and introduce that in a workflow, so you can resort to use a free utility like in the tutorial I explain, down below in my signature. (this way only one of the side buttons of the pen is all you need (and of course dragging the pen)). Mainly you skip Alt key here. Then pen alone changes size and smoothness.

Any of the 3 ways work in my end, I am a Windows 7 user using Wacom intuos pro. 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.