You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stacking - poorly aligned result

I have been trying out various AP features this morning. Long term, I'm intrigued by stacking so I took 3 awful photos of the fireplace with my phone and stacked them. The result is horribly misaligned. Curiously if I feed the same 3 photos into "File, New Panorama" or "File HDR Merge" they align well so AP seems to be capable of lining them up. I have tried "Perspective" and "Scale, rotate and translate" options so - what am I doing wrong please?

Thanks,

John

I tried using the Focus Merge in the first release of APW. It stacked OK, but took ten minutes for six images. I downloaded the latest version, and it now stacks in 90 seconds!

The output looks pretty good, and the editing from the source images seems to work well. The output looks to be on a par with that from Zerene Stacker.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Actually i just did a 240 pic focus stack and the result is quiet good. The time needed for processing was about 45 min (with an onbord graphic card (intel HD 530), my "big" one is in RMA).

What I would like is having a bit more controll about the settings and parameters like Zeren or Helicon, but that can wait.

post-29349-0-38051500-1479754296_thumb.jpg

Shortly after the export i got this error message.

post-29349-0-62295900-1479754372_thumb.jpg

Edit:

some more info about the pic

EM-1

60mm macro

f 2.8

step increments is 1

post-29349-0-38051500-1479754296_thumb.jpg

post-29349-0-62295900-1479754372_thumb.jpg

Edited by ClemensE

Ii tried with some more photographs and a more realistic situation. I took, I think 9, photos. They stacked beautifully.

It's just s a little odd that the first three lined up well in HDR & Panorama but not Stack. Ah well, not important.

John

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.