You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error when exporting png

I sometimes get an error when trying to export png files.

The error message says "Metadata could not be embedded".

It's strange, because this doesn't happen with every export. I couldn't find out what causes this error.

Of course there's always the option to not embed the metadata, so it's no big deal, but I thought I let you know.

• Staff

Thanks for attaching your files guys. I've tried to reproduce this in both Designer and Photo and I cannot seem to get the error message you are both seeing.

I've tried exporting to my local drive, internal drive and an external USB. I've changed the export area, size, presets etc. I have about 40 exports on my desktop with different names and none of them gave me the error  :angry: 

Do either of you have any software to record a quick video for me? I can clearly see there is an issue here and I believe we've had the odd report before. 

Thanks for your efforts so far.

I think I know where the problem is.

I've got most of my workfiles inside a dropbox folder.

When I was testing the exporting on some of my other drives, or at least outside the dropbox folder, it exported without a problem.

Also, when using the same dropbox folder, but paused syncing, the export was fine.

I can record a video if you really want, but all I do, is clicking File>Export>Export

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.