You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for Windows has launched!

TonyB

Amigatheone, this 12 page thread is not the best place to resolve this. Please post in this other thread

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30217-installation-of-designer-add-ons/

...where I found this advice

"The Grade UI Kit includes a PDF file (QuickStart_Guide.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items"

It has nothing to do with installing..this has to do with not having the styles in the first place .Also, we are talking about Ui kit here.

thanks

• Staff

Hi amigatheone,

To which styles are you referring to? I believe you are referring to the assets (see screenshot below):

post-59-0-54382100-1480957456_thumb.png

If that's the case you need to import them going to the Assets panel, clicking on the menu on the top right of the panel, selecting Import Assets... and pointing to the Grade UI.assets file inside the Assets folder that comes with the Grade UI Kit. Or are you referring to something else?

• Staff

Shian,

We sent out over 250,000 emails in 4 languages to both (A) those who signed up to the Windows beta and (B) Serif customers (but only to one for those on both lists).

I can see your email address for this forum account, but I do not know what email address you have as a Serif account (some accounts are telephone only and have no email address, but they are unusual, so may I assume yours does have one). Equally I do not know what address you signed up for the Affinity Beta https://affinity.serif.com/windows or even if you actually signed up or simply found the beta downloads here on the forum (as some did).

I know that the marketing department sent to everyone they had on those lists, so if you need me to actually look into whether they sent you an email I will need your email address from the serif plus range database and if different the one that you signed up for the windows beta with. Signing up to these forums is not relevant, as we did not email that list as it includes many Mac users.

Then other database staff will be able to see which list(s) you are on, and what email you should have seen last week..... but really I am not sure what this will achieve, except to say that perhaps your ISP has got additional filtering somewhere, as can happen. I guess we may have missed a whole group off our bulk send, in which case we would be grateful to improve our processes.

If the same email address is used for all purposes, then I need no more than a "please look into this using my forum email". If you have used more than one address, then Private Message me or email me (pconnor at serif dot com)

However to be sure of future email notifications like the launch of Affinity Photo for Windows, then just go to https://affinity.serif.com/windows and re-register please.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi FDolansky,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You will receive a notification if there's a new version/update available when you start the application.

To install the DAUB Essentials​, select them all in File Explorer (Win), then right-click on them and select Open. Affinity Designer should open with a few dialogs to confirm their installation.

To access them go to the Brushes panel in the respective Persona depending on their type (vector or raster based) like so:

- DAUB_Inkers can be found in Draw Persona's Brushes panel;

- all the other four are located in the Brushes panel in Pixel Persona

The Grade UI Kit includes as PDF file (QuickStart_Guide.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items, including the Roboto and Roboto Condensed font families.

Thank you.  This is much appreciated.

To install the DAUB Essentials​, select them all in File Explorer (Win), then right-click on them and select Open. Affinity Designer should open with a few dialogs to confirm their installation.

To access them go to the Brushes panel in the respective Persona depending on their type (vector or raster based) like so:

- DAUB_Inkers can be found in Draw Persona's Brushes panel;

- all the other four are located in the Brushes panel in Pixel Persona

The Grade UI Kit includes as PDF file (QuickStart_Guide.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items, including the Roboto and Roboto Condensed font families.

DAUB Essentials includes a 'DAUB Papers' assets file. To install it, follow the instructions for installing the 'Grade UI - Basic Elements' assets file.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Still no response as to why a user of Draw Plus since the 20th April 1999, and someone who registered for the beta version of Affinity Designer does not get any notice about the launch!

I have replied to your email. I hope we can find the cause of this communication problem.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi amigatheone,

To which styles are you referring to? I believe you are referring to the assets (see screenshot below):

attachicon.gifassets.png

If that's the case you need to import them going to the Assets panel, clicking on the menu on the top right of the panel, selecting Import Assets... and pointing to the Grade UI.assets file inside the Assets folder that comes with the Grade UI Kit. Or are you referring to  

The right box with the  Layers then Effects then the "STYLES "  tab I am still with the default ones , but I saw here that KIt there was given more styles .i didn't get anymore..With the Kit.

• Staff

Where can I find the changelog for the latest version?

In this post

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30631-affinity-designer-151/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

As a long time Draw Plus user and someone who has been running the beta version of Affinity Designer, I did not receive ANY notification of the release, or of a discount.  It was only by reading through the posts that I realised that AD had been released.  And no it wasn't in my spam folder.  Given that Serif's sales team are usually on the 'phone to me at the slightest hint of something new this seems very strange!

Ian Menzies

I find myself in the situation as Shian. As a long time user of all Serif problems (and my account on the website shows my license key for DrawPlus 8) did not receive the offer email.

I have checked my email on 17 & 18 November (and my deleted emails for thosw two days) and can see nothing. (I do wonder whether it is because I also was mainly a telesales customer)

Ironically, I only had Affinity Photo Beta email a couple of weeks ago. I received the launch email for it today and have bought at the offer price. But this would seem to suggest that Affinity does have my details.

I'm left wondering whether I want to purchase at the higher discounted price given the Photo buy - or whether I will continue to use Xara Designer and CorelDraw suite for my occasional design work (backed up by DrawPlus, PagePlus and WebPlus when convenient).

Why price for Russia is 3790 RUB?

It's 58.5 €, not 49.99 €.

To maintain parity with the prices for the Mac versions of Affinity apps, the Windows versions use the same (Apple) pricing matrix. A Tier 50 product is 49.99 USD, 49.99 EUR or 3790 RUB.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

when did the launch offer end ? 
"To celebrate the launch of Affinity Designer for Windows we are making it available with a 20% discount for a limited time. "

I was testing affinity when it was beta and I was waiting it to be released.

Thanks

• Staff

I purchased two copies of Affinity Designer for Windows and neither receipt had the link for the bonus materials. How can I get them?

Thanks!

kmyck1,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

When you placed your order you should have got 3 emails

• 1 of 3 Welcome to Affinity (for Account Creation)
  • 2 of 3 Affinity order confirmation - Axxxxxxxxx (for a Software Order)
  • 3 of 3 Affinity Product Key - Order Axxxxxxxxx (for a Software Order) 

In the email called "Affinity order confirmation - Axxxxxxx" There is a link called "download" and another one to the free content. If you cannot click on it or didn't get that email please contact support directly using affinity@serif.com with your order number.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Lobo Danzante,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Any https site, like our store, has secure communication and you shouldn't feel concerned about other problems in Mexico. We offer no other way to buy, no sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Affinity dev team and good morning.

Just out of curiosity...

Since the first official release of Affinity Designer I have seen that you didn't upload any new upgrade.

Are you planning to do it ?

There are many features requested by us and it could be great if some of that requests could be included

in a new upgrade.

Thanks a lot for all your support.

- Marco (mkdm)

Hi mkdm,

Which version are you using? There was already one update (mostly bug fixes). The latest version is 1.5.1.43

Hi MEB!

Well...1.5.1.43 is exactly the version that I own.

But apart various bug fixes, although certainly very important, there's no implementations of none of the various requests made by the community.

For example, it would be very useful if you want to improve the Pressure Profile's UI :

- Bigger and more comfortable UI (maybe also with the opportunity to use it in full screen)

- Load/Save exchange withe the pressure profiles of Serif DrawPlus X8

Please, let me know.

Thanks a lot for your support.

- Marco (mkdm)

Hi mkdm,

Which version are you using? There was already one update (mostly bug fixes). The latest version is 1.5.1.43

P.S.

About the "Pressure Profile" for example, it would be very useful if you, coupled with a new bigger UI for Pressure Profile editing,

could include in Affinity Designer the ability to edit the Pressure Profile directly onto the curves, like Adobe Illustrator

with its "Width Tool".

Please see this video : http://take.ms/MEu1M

- Marco (mkdm)

On 30/01/2017 at 0:42 PM, MEB said:

Hi mkdm,

Hi MEB and good morning.

Did you read my replies to your question ?

You can find them at :

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/28655-affinity-designer-for-windows-has-launched/?p=170690

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/28655-affinity-designer-for-windows-has-launched/?p=170695

Have a nice day.

- Marco (mkdm)