You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for Windows has launched!

TonyB

• Staff

Hey gmp, welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I've just checked and it looks like we had a recent issue with the inbox for that email address. I believe we have now resolved this however any emails sent prior to fixing it have been lost. Would it be possible to send your email again to the same address? That is definitely the correct email to contact and you should get a response soon.

Thanks

• Staff

Hey

We are interested in buying 20 License/seats. Do we have to wait until 2017 to get a multi user license?

I wrote this question to corpsales@serif.com last week, but I get ne response.

Do I just buy 20 License or do I get an offer from somewhere?

Because of the 20%(25% in some territories) off offer it should be cheaper to buy 20 licenses today than wait until we have the volume license system that might not be on offer.

I send the mail again, now in english. (first one was in german)

I could buy 20 License, but normaly it is easier to manage when you have a multi user license. Propably the price wont change so much. So if there is no multi user license, its not that bad.

• Staff

Wizaerd,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums,

Excuse my ignorance, but is Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo 2 separate products, or is Affinity Photo included in Affinity Designer?

They are two independent programs. Please read this page https://affinity.serif.com/about/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Congratulations to your milestone release.

I bought my copy 3 days ago.

I wanna thank all of you guys for this masterpiece of software. I know this sounds silly but I'm so happy right now as it is a joy to work with AD. Don't get me wrong, there is still quiet a few potential to optimize the programm ;P but it's already sooo good.

And I hope Affinity will disrupt the 'de facto' monopol status of a certain graphic software developer in a major way. :P

@Affinity crew: You're wizards!

Yeah, actually we just use the same pricing matrix Apple use in the Mac App Store so our Mac and Windows price matches customers in every country. In effect we just set a price in USD and then the other prices come from that matrix. Unfortunately this matrix doesn't get updated very often (maybe twice a year) so at times can mean prices when compared across currencies can seem different to if you used the current exchange rate. Guess it's been amplified with the volatility in exchange rates recently...

In Australia this sort of pricing is a bit of a sore point for many people including myself, and it's even referred to in Australia as the "Australia Tax" in the media.

Rather than using the terrible exchange rates from the Mac App Store (!), why not just sell it in US dollars and let people find the most cost effective way to buy it? For example I have a credit card with good exchange rates and no international conversion fees, which would save me almost $10 over the price you've provided online - for the same product from the same company! If your email says US$39.99, why can't I pay US$39.99 instead of AU$62.99? Even with my bank's terrible exchange rates and over-the-top commissions it would still be about $5 cheaper to buy in US dollars rather than the one you're quoting.

Sorry for the rant, and I know it's still a great price and everything, but it just leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth when companies like Apple screw us over on prices and then others like Affinity blindly follow.

Cheers,

Chris

Que tal, necesito ayud, la app me interesa mucho, pero tengo un problema con la compra, ya que no acepta la tarjeta y bueno me dice que el países tampoco y ka verdad quiero la app, si pueden ayudarme muchas gracias

Intenta de nuevo, de preferencia con un navegador distinto al que usaste.

Si aun asi no pasa la tarjeta, prueba entonces usando Paypal...

Bought it a few hours ago...

as many around here, I add my voice to thank the good Affinity people... the software does everything I need and many other things that I may use in the future... =)

definitely satisfied customer... can't wait for Affinity Photo...

and if along the way you decide to make Affinity Web and/or Affinity Video... count me in!!!

Intenta de nuevo, de preferencia con un navegador distinto al que usaste.

Si aun asi no pasa la tarjeta, prueba entonces usando Paypal...

De hecho, si tiene la tarjeta suya configurada en el Paypal, es lo mismo, casi, le pasa el cargo a la tarjeta, con un pequeñísimo cargo extra de paypal. 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

What Grade Kit I didnt get that

Grade UI kit FREE with every purchase of Affinity Designer

Your Affinity order confirmation email should have included a download link for the free content included with the purchase, which comprises the above Grade UI kit and two brush packs.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It is apparent that they are silent on this issue of unfairness at this point to their customer base who was promised special upgrading price for loyal customers. Yes internal communications still plague them. New software is one thing but same old broken promises and communications issues has not changed it would seem kind of like bait and switch. If they don't want to provide special pricing for their loyal base then maybe a suggestion: All Previous owners of DPlus X6/X8, WP X*, PhotoPX8, PageP X9, and Affinity Mac users get free upgrade to v2.0 when it is released and Affinity Photo to 2.0 as well. Just a suggestion. Granted it would seem that it was done out of convenience not fairness. To have to go and create a system to provide a separate discount for previous owners whose data is on another system because they created a whole new accounting system where you have to start a new user account would seem to make sense and did not want to spend the time on it let alone import customer data and history. Don't make false promises and alienate your base, That's why Hillary lost :) DOH. You can have great new software but not showing loyalty or keeping promises to your customer base who was loyal to you can put a stain on anything NEW. I would suggest you have a meeting on this with your boss on how you screwed up and misunderstand the meaning of fair and loyalty.

All that whining over $40. Try updates from Adobe in the past or other software where updates are way more expensive.

For $40 you get a great basic vector program wich will improve in time and I am sure upgrades in future won't cost an arm and a legg either.

For that price, Serif can draw in more new users. The more users they get, the more money they can spend on research and development, wich means faster bug fixes and new implementations of features.

Congrats gentlemen on launching Windows Affinity designer. Thus far I really like it. I am a new Serif user.

I am looking for the trinity(Designer, Photo and Publisher) so I can ditch the Adobe bandwagon. I am not feeling much for being held hostage all my life.

I am still using creative suite 6, but as I am more comfortable with the Affinity products I will more and more shift to the Affinity products. I am quite sure as the software will develop even more, we will have all the features Adobe has and more.

I am Sorry, but i really can't complain about the €40 cost, cosidered what the competition must have for updates, or even Photoshop plug-ins, costing a multitude of the price for designer.

If Serif can draw more people in to buy the Affinity software, it's better for them and better for us as well.

Where do we go to find the latest updates to the app?  I know in DrawPlus I'd simply click on "Help" and "Check for Updates."  I can't seem to find any option like this in Affinity Designer.  Any help is appreciated.

Also, I downloaded the three free goodies for Designer for Windows, but can't figure out how to install the "Daub Essentials" or the "Grace UI" kit.  Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Staff

Hi FDolansky,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You will receive a notification if there's a new version/update available when you start the application.

To install the DAUB Essentials​, select them all in File Explorer (Win), then right-click on them and select Open. Affinity Designer should open with a few dialogs to confirm their installation.

To access them go to the Brushes panel in the respective Persona depending on their type (vector or raster based) like so:

- DAUB_Inkers can be found in Draw Persona's Brushes panel;

- all the other four are located in the Brushes panel in Pixel Persona

The Grade UI Kit includes as PDF file (QuickStart_Guide.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items, including the Roboto and Roboto Condensed font families.

• Staff

Bob James,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

The Affinity Designer for Windows launch offer has now ended, and the software now comes with just the Grade-Ui kit, accesses from a link in the "Affinity order confirmation" email

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Amigatheone, this 12 page thread is not the best place to resolve this. Please post in this other thread

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30217-installation-of-designer-add-ons/

...where I found this advice

"The Grade UI Kit includes a PDF file (QuickStart_Guide.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items"

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

As a long time Draw Plus user and someone who has been running the beta version of Affinity Designer, I did not receive ANY notification of the release, or of a discount.  It was only by reading through the posts that I realised that AD had been released.  And no it wasn't in my spam folder.  Given that Serif's sales team are usually on the 'phone to me at the slightest hint of something new this seems very strange!

Ian Menzies