You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for Windows has launched!

TonyB

If I spent less time reading forums, buying software, and watching tutorials, I might actually produce something worthy of a program's development. Instead, I have a shelf full of unopened disks and a computer clogged with terabytes of inspiration, awaiting my more than nominal access for updating.

I am a very frugal person despite my addiction to software. Still, I buy from those worthy of my money and I just bought Windows Affinity Designer because I'm a long-time Serif customer and felt the bonuses had value even if I never use them, just to support their developers, and Serif of course.

I abhor unfairness, but to assume the launch offer will be taken up by enough people to shift the balance of fairness away from beta testers, loyal customers or those that bought X8 is indeed a bit much. Serif can only dream of such a marketing coup.

I can be a complainer (solely to help) at times, but this isn't one of those times. The thoughtful and detailed responses from management and staff were more than most companies afford their clients and they made perfect sense to me.

Now I just hope that my minimal financial support brings about the next great artist of our generation who actually uses the product.

Ok....new license owner here. The tool is useful for too many things to let it go.   B)  :ph34r:

And I'm... like 99% sure I'll buy Photo once it's released :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

I just downloaded the trial for windows option and it seems i got the apple version based on the file extension, becasue when i click on the file to open it unzips but there is no app associated with the file to open it. The file is a .dmg.  So what do I need to do to get the windows .exe file please. I want to try this before i switch from paintshop pro x9.

• Staff

I just downloaded the trial for windows option and it seems i got the apple version based on the file extension, becasue when i click on the file to open it unzips but there is no app associated with the file to open it. The file is a .dmg. So what do I need to do to get the windows .exe file please. I want to try this before i switch from paintshop pro x9.

If you are looking for Affinity Photo on Windows then we are still in beta for that product. You can join the beta by signing up at the bottom of the page here

There is no trial for Affinity Designer on Windows yet, only on Mac

Got a copy  but the layout is not like the one in the tutorials, I've looked in vain for the brush to select something (outline), but it's not there, it seems like lots of tools are missing, or if they are there they are very hard to find, I normally use Paint shop pro for this sort of work.

Got a copy  but the layout is not like the one in the tutorials, I've looked in vain for the brush to select something (outline), but it's not there, it seems like lots of tools are missing, or if they are there they are very hard to find, I normally use Paint shop pro for this sort of work.

Hi g4oge—

You might to try the beta of affinity Photo rather than Designer. If you're comfortable with Corel's PaintShop Pro, Affinity Photo is a bitmap editor, just like PSP. Designer, on the other hand, is totally wonderful, but it's a vector drawing program, that does some bitmap functions, but not as many as AP.

Because you are working in an object-based program, you don't select outlines of areas; they're already discrete object and you select them for moving or editing with the top tool on the Toolbox, the Move tool.

Kind Regards,

Gary

new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png

Alfred, don't know how much to thank you! With your help I finally got Affinity Designer on track. YOU CAN TELL I'M A NOVICE. HUH! When it comes to computers some little five year kid could kick my butt. Right now I don't know if I should get drunk or take some Exlax for my constipation. Wish I could by you a ton of that Scottish beer right now. Tom from Canada. Take care!

Thanks for the feedback, Tom. It's great to hear that you eventually got there!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If you haven't resolved this before, we will need to contact you directly next week.

However, if the email address is correct in your account, then there are probably 3 emails to you from us in a spam filter somewhere. The "Affinity Order Confirmation" email has a button called "Get the Freebies" that leads to the downloads.

Thanks, but spam folder is the first place I've checked, it wasn't and still isn't there. Can't say what went wrong.. Should I pm someone for the link?

• Staff

I think that I have PM off, but yes, if you can that would be a great reminder for me for tomorrow when I'm in.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thanks, but spam folder is the first place I've checked, it wasn't and still isn't there. Can't say what went wrong.. Should I pm someone for the link?

Hi divljikunic,

Perhaps you could try with an email address from another provider: I had registered by giving an email address to receive the download link of Affinity Designer for Windows when it was released and a month or so Two later I had not received anything.

I then registered again by giving an address dependent on another provider and I immediately received the download link.

It seems that some addresses are blocked, I do not know for what reason.

Oh Lordy why a month away for a trial : (   I am needing something asap, and have downloaded 4 free trials tonight(adobe photshop, illustrator, Xara, inkscape, and gimp to decide which one I am going with, and I do not want to disregard  you guys. What to do, what to do. Any suggestions 

• Staff

too late I just got affinity, will I get refund since I too am draw x8 user

There has never been any suggestion that any Plus product customers would get a free licence to the product, of that much I am certain. I do not know where this claim came from.

It is similar to me saying "I also remember Ferrari saying they would send free upgrades to all Fiat 500 owners" - it doesn't mean it's true.

There has never been any suggestion that any Plus product customers would get a free licence to the product, of that much I am certain. I do not know where this claim came from.

It is similar to me saying "I also remember Ferrari saying they would send free upgrades to all Fiat 500 owners" - it doesn't mean it's true.

See Ash's post on page 8.

• Staff

desult,

Why are my posts moderated before posting to this thread?

All posts in the news and information forum are moderated, sorry I was slow to approve your previous post.

See Ash's post on page 8.

Yes, I think Matt has seen that. Ash was not talking about getting Affinity Designer product for free though, which is what Matt refereed to when he said "There has never been any suggestion that any Plus product customers would get a free licence to the product,"

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Oh Lordy why a month away for a trial : (   I am needing something asap, and have downloaded 4 free trials tonight(adobe photshop, illustrator, Xara, inkscape, and gimp to decide which one I am going with, and I do not want to disregard  you guys. What to do, what to do. Any suggestions 

Any suggestions? Yep, buy the app. ;)

No, seriously though, if I had downloaded four apps I would like to spend at least a few days with each to see what it can do to be able to make a decent judgment. An option you have is to read reviews and maybe watch some tutorials to see what the app is capable of.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials