You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for Windows has launched!

TonyB

• Staff

I have no issues with the price I paid for AD (it's a bargain compared to other software)  however there's inconsistencies across currencies...

I'm in Australia (obviously!) but my email to purchase was in euros - EUR 39.99. Converted it cost me AUD$62.99.

However the online currency converter XE at the same time gives me...

US - 39.99 = AUD$54.52

EUR - 39.99 = AUD$57.74

and.. GBP 29.99 = AUD$50.46

I'm fully aware this has nothing to do with the devs...perhaps Serif's marketing team needs to sort this out and (ideally!) use one currency only for pricing 

Yeah, actually we just use the same pricing matrix Apple use in the Mac App Store so our Mac and Windows price matches customers in every country. In effect we just set a price in USD and then the other prices come from that matrix. Unfortunately this matrix doesn't get updated very often (maybe twice a year) so at times can mean prices when compared across currencies can seem different to if you used the current exchange rate. Guess it's been amplified with the volatility in exchange rates recently...

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

Bought mine.....it's great !!

Was subscribing to Adobe Illustrator...........but have cancelled !!

Keep up the good work  :)

Whoa, you may want to rethink that..

AD is top of the class in what it can do and of course there's a lot more coming however;

At present there's no mesh and blend tools, no trace and no shape builder tools.

All these are primary tools for current professional graphic design (jury may be out on trace?).

Someone will correct me here no doubt however Designer (going by the splash screen examples one can download) the primary app development was for illustration over graphic design  layout...

Whoa, you may want to rethink that..

AD is top of the class in what it can do and of course there's a lot more coming however;

At present there's no mesh and blend tools, no trace and no shape builder tools.

All these are primary tools for current professional graphic design (jury may be out on trace?).

Someone will correct me here no doubt however Designer (going by the splash screen examples one can download) the primary app development was for illustration over graphic design  layout...

If they are primary for you, it doesn't mean they are primary for others.  :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Anyway, please take this as as apology that I realise we have got our communication wrong and also to put the blame for that entirely on me as it was me, after all, who wrote the email. I’ll make sure we sort out some additional freebies or something similar to give exclusively to our latest version Plus range users in the future once we have a way to do it.

Thanks,

Ash

Ash, your statement is worth more to me than any type of future freebies or exclusivity benefit.

Thank you. Best regards, Mike

Thank you Alfred in Scotland for your help! However, I still can't download my Affinity Designer. When I hit the download purchase button it goes right to 'Do you want to open or save Affinity Designer?' OK!  From there it does the running security scan and that's it. It then jumps over to a box that says, 'View downloads-Internet Explorer.' AT NO TIME DOES THE 'INSTALL' AFFINITY DESIGNER BUTTON POP UP. It seems like I've always had trouble downloading programs through the net. Like most companies, does Affinity Designer send out a backup hard drive copy to customers in case of problems due to viruses, download issues etc.? Thanks everyone!

I just received the news about Affinity Designer going gold. I think I bought it on Day One, but that's not why I'm posting. I read that AD received ten thousand 5 stars by customers on the Mac App Store.

May I be (one of the) first Windows Artists to give AD 5 stars?

Affinity%205%20stars.jpg

My Best,

Gary

new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png

Thank you Alfred in Scotland for your help! However, I still can't download my Affinity Designer. When I hit the download purchase button it goes right to 'Do you want to open or save Affinity Designer?' OK!  From there it does the running security scan and that's it. It then jumps over to a box that says, 'View downloads-Internet Explorer.' AT NO TIME DOES THE 'INSTALL' AFFINITY DESIGNER BUTTON POP UP.

When I go to Internet Explorer 11, log in to my Affinity Store account and press the 'Download Purchase' button on the Downloads & Product Keys page, IE asks me 'Do you want to run or save affinity-designer-1.5.0.36.exe (253 MB) from ...?' so it looks as though the filename extension problem has been fixed. The 'Save' option should work fine now, but the 'Save as' option (on the dropdown list) will give you more control. The 'View downloads' button should take you to a list where you can pause or cancel an ongoing download, or run the installer if the download has completed.

If none of the above is working for you, try disabling your security software for the duration of the download, but don't forget to enable it again afterwards!

It seems like I've always had trouble downloading programs through the net. Like most companies, does Affinity Designer send out a backup hard drive copy to customers in case of problems due to viruses, download issues etc.?

I think we're expected to make our own backup copies, but re-downloading shouldn't be a problem. At the top of the Downloads & Product Keys page it says, "Download all your purchased products without limits."

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hey guys, what's going on here? In 100+ posts on this topic you are talking about some discount. How big discount do you expect -- 5$, 10$...? Maybe you even want Serif to pay to you and give you free serial? Shame on you. Are you short 10$ to the end of the month? Give me your bank account I'll pay to you.

Instead of being grateful you have such a wonderful software for no money you are yelling here like old women.

If you are angry, just forget Serif and stay with Adobe. They like somebody like you.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Petar, if you owned a version of my software, then I ended its production and added I was making a new software and further told all existing users at the point I killed off the previous software would get a discount on the new title.

Then when I released the new software and no previous existing users were given any better deal than anyone else, would you feel that I had been honest with you?

Hi Petar_MK,

I agree with your thoughts. However, I'm a Moderator on a forum, and as a policy I've learned over the years, we like to keep the forum "friendly".

I don't mean  to be disrespectful to you, but I think you made your point in your second and third sentence. The rest is just a little off-putting. Sorry.

I love this product, and I love this forum. If I myself get overcritical, I expect someone to call me on it.

Kind Regards,

Gary

new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png

two questions:

1- I cannot enter my account and I don't receive the mail to reset the password ..how can I do?

2- I would buy the copy but I need a tax bill for my company, where can I set my account company name and VAT number? I am from Italy

Thanks a lot and you're the top

Petar, if you owned a version of my software, then I ended its production and added I was making a new software and further told all existing users at the point I killed off the previous software would get a discount on the new title.

Then when I released the new software and no previous existing users were given any better deal than anyone else, would you feel that I had been honest with you?

BTW MikeW, I am also owner of PagePlus, DrawPlus and PhotoPlus...  :)

• Staff

two questions:

1- I cannot enter my account and I don't receive the mail to reset the password ..how can I do?

2- I would buy the copy but I need a tax bill for my company, where can I set my account company name and VAT number? I am from Italy

Thanks a lot and you're the top

tumitu,

For the account issue, please contact affinity@serif.com - they will be able to assist.

For the tax issue, because the shop is new, it does not currently automatically issue VAT / tax receipts. However, after you buy the product, email affinity@serif.com and they will provide a full tax receipt :)

Hope this helps,

Andy.

First off, congratulations on the Windows release. Clearly, it was the right thing to do.

2015 Introduced us to two amazing applications for the Mac and 2016 has brought them to Windows (although one is still in BETA). You've achieved so much in such a short period of time, and quite possibly the plan and journey has changed a few times, no doubt due to listening to the feedback from your users.

Winning an Apple Design Award and achieving best app of the year goes to show just how much Apple and your customers love what you've done to the Graphic and Photo world and freed a few people from them shackles.

It's easy sometimes to focus on negatives and the noise, what's not been achieved or features that aren't yet implemented but Affinity continue to work tirelessly and has introduced a brand new workflow for Mac and Windows users. Let's focus on the amazing success of Affinity Photo and Designer and all that's been achieved in such a short period of time and what's yet to come. I Like many others are constantly amazed at what's being achieved in the app, the share your work section on here is full of stunning content created by your users. And I'm personally looking forward to Publisher, which no doubt will help with my current work of the MSM book and of course the iOS apps.

As for the price of the apps, I've always thought the software was too cheap for what it offers. Would've gone for the £79/$99 price range myself and happily paid.

As a trainer for Apple, I had the opportunity to get both apps for free, I chose to buy both as I personally think the dev's have done an amazing job and shook up the design and photo world (and way too many reasons to list here). If I ever got a Windows machine, I'd happily pay again, which may happen looking at the new Surface Pro and dial (but that's another story)

It's always a challenge trying to get things right and make sure everyone is happy, I'm speaking from experience here. I know the team work really hard and genuinely care about thoughts and feedback, sure there may have been some miscommunication along the way and I'm pretty sure Affinity will want to and will do right by all. After talking to and meeting some of the team including Ash personally, I know they care, appreciate and listen to feedback and for such a small team, 38 I think Ash said well 39 as he missed me out ;) , they are doing really well but there are ways of expressing ourselves which would no doubt be more appreciated. 

It's great to see their vision to create amazing and affordable design and photo editing software coming to life and wow, what a responsive and active community here. Let's continue to support each other and welcome along a brand new user base. 

Welcome Windows users, great to have you onboard.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

What a great product at a great price,bought is straight away when i got the mail.

If i could i would give it 5 stars and the mods and admins 10 stars for putting up with all this nonsense from the cry babies whining about a discount they allready got.

The trolls are flipping out because the rest of us also got a discount that's just childish how old are you guys ?? 12 years or 13?

So you think you are special and special people should get a special discount :blink: ??

All this trouble just because we all got that promised discount and you do not feel special enough?.

As a software developer i know how much work is going in to making something awesome as this and i just can't understand how on earth it is possible to sell such software for just 39 or 49 it''s almost free.

Sorry for this post mods and admins but i could not take it more and i just had to say something.

Feel free to delete it or modify it but then you should also delete all the posts from the cry babies.

A product launch should be the time to celebrate for all the hard work and 1000s of hours you used to make this possible.

Alex

Hats off for every mod and admin in here for beeing so polite and answering all the whine posts this just shows how proffesional you guys are!!.

Again thanks for a awesome product and i will for sure buy any other product you release.

Alfred, don't know how much to thank you! With your help I finally got Affinity Designer on track. YOU CAN TELL I'M A NOVICE. HUH! When it comes to computers some little five year kid could kick my butt. Right now I don't know if I should get drunk or take some Exlax for my constipation. Wish I could by you a ton of that Scottish beer right now. Tom from Canada. Take care!

tumitu,

For the account issue, please contact affinity@serif.com - they will be able to assist.

For the tax issue, because the shop is new, it does not currently automatically issue VAT / tax receipts. However, after you buy the product, email affinity@serif.com and they will provide a full tax receipt :)

Hope this helps,

Andy.

Ok tnx a lot!!