You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for Windows has launched!

TonyB

• Staff

I am gueesing I cannot use my Serif login and must create a whole new account?

Also where is the discount for DrawplusX8 users? Do we have to wait for launch offer to be over first?

Don't forget many serif long time loyal customers beta tested too.

No, the process of ordering Affinity will create you another account on the Affinity website.

All Serif DrawPlus owners should have been emailed today. The introductory offer of £29.99 applies to DrawPlus owners and Beta testers. You also get some free goodies for being loyal customers. The offer end on 24th November.

• Staff

My download fails to load.

The system message is:

the following file can´t be opend:

file: affinty-designer-1.5.0.36[1]

Any Solutions ?

Thanks

WIN 7 PRO 64bit

You could try and download the installer again. Sometimes they don't download correctly.

No, the process of ordering Affinity will create you another account on the Affinity website.

All Serif DrawPlus owners should have been emailed today. The introductory offer of £29.99 applies to DrawPlus owners and Beta testers. You also get some free goodies for being loyal customers. The offer end on 24th November.

I didn't get any mail. And the price £29.99 seems to apply to everybody.

• Staff

I didn't get any mail. And the price £29.99 seems to apply to everybody.

Are you a DrawPlus X8 registered user or did you signup for the beta?

We have decided to offer all customers a special discount price to avoid unfairness on who should qualify and who shouldn't.

Great to here that there is a final version available! :)

But I can't find any information about commercial license. I see that some people knows something but where is the info? I found volume licensing but that's not what I'm looking for. I have one-person company so I need to know few things:

- Is there an order form that includes things like company name and tax identification number?

- Will I receive properly filled invoice?

- What exactly license will permit me to do? Like number of allowed installations on different hardware...

Can some help me here?

I tried to buy the app but I couldn't complete the purchase using Firefox browser, it kept flaging up the credit card number input red.

I used Chrome in the end and completed with no issues.

Looking forward to see where you guys and girls take this app. :D

• Staff

Hi

Just got my copy of Affinity Designer for windows, I have a problem finding how to get the free Grade  UI kit and brushes, there is only a link to download the Affinity app in the e-mail.

On the bottom of the order confirmation email you should have a link to "Get Your Freebies" Do you not have this email?

• Staff

Great to here that there is a final version available! :)

But I can't find any information about commercial license. I see that some people knows something but where is the info? I found volume licensing but that's not what I'm looking for. I have one-person company so I need to know few things:

- Is there an order form that includes things like company name and tax identification number?

- Will I receive properly filled invoice?

- What exactly license will permit me to do? Like number of allowed installations on different hardware...

Can some help me here?

The order form doesn't ask for company name or tax information.

You will receive an order confirmation receipt that includes a VAT breakdown.

This is the actual text of the licence section

The licence granted to you is limited, non-transferable and non-exclusive. Except to the extent any rights cannot be excluded by law, you are permitted:

(i) if you are a private individual, to download, install, use and run for personal use, one (1) copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer running Microsoft Windows (“Windows Computer”) that you personally own or control. Commercial use is permitted but only use by you and not by any other users of any Windows Computers that you own or control. For example, other members of your household that use your Windows Computers may make personal use of the Serif Software whereas, if anyone other than yourself needs to make commercial use of the Serif Software, the other user will need to make a separate purchase. 

(ii) if you are a commercial enterprise, to download, install, use and run one (1) copy of the Serif Software for use either: ( a ) by one specific individual on each of the Windows Computer(s) that they use that you own or control, or ( b ) by multiple individuals on a single shared Windows Computer that you own or control; For example, a single employee may use the Serif Software on both their desktop and laptop Windows Computer, or multiple employees may serially use the Serif Software on a single Windows Computer used as a shared resource.

Hope this helps.

• Staff

I am trying to buy it but it keeps declining my perfectly good card.  I have tried it on Firefox and Internet Explorer but nothing is working.   Where am I going wrong?

I have just tried buying it on my own credit card and all worked OK. What country are you in?

We are trying to be fair to everyone. We thought £29.99 together with the free goodies was very fair. 

How about a 1 to 1 license trade. Let DrawPlus X8 owners forfeit their license for a Affinity Designer License. I personally never bothered to learn DrawPlus after buying it. Affinity designer for Windows was announced shortly afterwards and I didn't want to devote time to learning deprecated software. I don't want to sound like I am just complaining, I have been excited about the work I have seen your team doing, I just also like to give healthy feedback. :)

• Staff

If you don't think that £29.99 as a one-off payment for a vector drawing package and bundled extras is fair, then you will not be happy with the software as you obviously don't see the value in it, so I would recommend not purchasing it at present. I use the software personally and have purchased my own copy DESPITE working here and actually being able to get it for free - because I use it all the time for so many tasks and seems SO fairly priced that I just don't mind paying for it!

Hi iseebadpixels,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1. No, this will be implemented later as it's requires quite a lot of work.

2. No, currently it doesn't support smart objects.

3. You have to use Windows scaling options to change the size of the elements of the interface.

4. No.

That's why I cant use AD in my work. Point 1 is most common :/ If you improve it AD will be definetly PS KILLER!