You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text objects convert to pixel objects when importing PSDs

When I import PSDs in AP Windows beta 1.5.0.37 the text objects are imported as Pixel objects, making them uneditable by normal means. When I import PSDs in AP Mac 1.4.3 the text objects are imported as Art Text objects, allowing me to double click the text and edit/replace it. I guessing this is a bug?.

I noticed that too but assumed it was by design, maybe convert limitation. Didn't know that AP Mac converted to text object though, that's great news! I'm now hopeful that it's a stopgap for this early beta release.

Regards

In Preferences | General there is an option to import PSD text as text or bitmap. On my installation that option is not checked (Text is imported as bitmap). Importing PSD text as bitmap seems to be the default. At least on my installation.

Thanks, Norman, that was the right answer. Works like a charm.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/17/2016 at 8:40 AM, NormanPCN said:

In Preferences | General there is an option to import PSD text as text or bitmap. On my installation that option is not checked (Text is imported as bitmap). Importing PSD text as bitmap seems to be the default. At least on my installation.

Check your preferences.

In my case, the text imported as bitmap is checked. Tried saving files both checked and unchecked, ended up with the same result of text turning as pixel. :/ Anyone experiencing this?

• 5 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 8:11 AM, nia said:

In my case, the text imported as bitmap is checked. Tried saving files both checked and unchecked, ended up with the same result of text turning as pixel. :/ Anyone experiencing this?

yup. happening to me as well, on 1.8.5

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.