You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where did you see this term & what was the context?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

This where I see it:   What is meant 'till AP goes gold?

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 03:11 AM

"Not a match for Photoshop 6" ... come on  :)

I have been a Photoshop user all my life, using it for both to create artwork for digital and print. I have stopped buying it since CS4 - as I never had the need to buy each and every version, so the Adobe CC thing is completely useless for me. I have been hoping that a new product comes along which is a good alternative the PS affordable, and can handle Pantone and CMYK. Affinity Photo is exactly what I want. Sure it is still a bit rough around the edges, has bugs, and is still a way off, but what the heck, at the price it is a steal! Cannot wait until it goes gold  :) (any idea when this is planned to happen?)

Judging by that topic, Everblue meant it as a metaphor. The discussion was about Affinity Photo matching the quality of Adobe Photoshop. He meant when it comes to a match.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I think from the context Everblue is talking about Affinity Photo for Windows. The first beta version recently became available, thus the "still a bit rough around the edges" comment.

In the software industry, beta software versions are often made available so volunteers not working for the company can test them for bugs & report any they find so the developers can fix them in the next beta. The process continues until a beta is bug free enough to become a release candidate, often identified with an "RC" suffix. When a RC is released as a finalized product, it is known as a "golden master," or "GM" version, thus the "goes gold" comment.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

In that case, Designer just became a gold master. It is finally available for purchase for Windows.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!