You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is anyone else losing their changes when going from Apple Photos to Affinity Photo?

Usually all my Affinity changes show up in Apple Photos but when I go to make further edits in Affinity all the changes get lost. Is this happening to anyone else? Is this a bug? It almost seems like I should just edit all my photos from the Finder since it doesn't look like the Apple Photo to Affinity Photo "edit in" feature is working. Frustrating. The layers usually get flattened when exiting from Affinity but does that mean I can't go back and keep the look of the edits I just did? That doesn't make sense to me.

• Staff

Hi KipV,

It's happening with me when I try the same process. Even if the first edit from Affinity Photo is flattened and saved when it's transferred back to Photos it still loads the original if you repeat the process. I believe it's related to revert to original feature Apple Photos has.

I ended up just exporting the files out to the Finder and then opened those photos up in Affinity from there. I may just export all those large files from Photos to the Finder. I hope at some point Affinity adds Lightroom like photo navigation so I don't have to depend on the Finder to search for photos since it doesn't do that great of a job at it. The Finder is ok for the time being I suppose.