You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjustment Layer (Selective Color)

When open an image with an Adjustment layer (Selective Color) which was edited in PS, the colors - especially yellow - looks odd. Unchecking the "Relative" box does not change a thing. I'm able to get a similar effect result with the same layer when I switch from "Relative" to "Absolute" for yellow in PS, see attachment.

Upper left PS as it should be, lower left PS with "Absolut" checked and to the right how it appears in Affinity Photo, regardless if "Relatvie" is checked or not.

post-41044-0-29516900-1479323351_thumb.png

regards,

Ablichter

• 4 months later...

I'm seeing the same problem. Not only that, but applying the same Selective Color settings to the same image in both Affinity Photo and PS6, the results are staggeringly different. I am trying to duplicate Selective Color presets that I use often in Photoshop. This is a showstopper for me.

I tried for hours adjusting Selective Color settings, trying to get a vintage look that I use often. The corresponding settings in PS, made the same image in Affinity Photo looks dark and pixelated in places, so I tried adjusting and adjusting. I could never get a look near what I get in PS6. Tonight, I'll try and post some comparison images to show what I mean.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.