You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sticky preferences

Other than keyboard shortcuts, I can't get the "Enable save over imported PSD files", or any changes I made from customizing tools including the number of columns or the rearranging of panels (such as swapping the position of the layer and adjustments panels) to stick. I make the changes, close the program, open the program and they were all changed back to default(?) except the keyboard shortcuts. Is there a intermediary step I am missing?

Hi Chris B,

I'm on beta 11. I've always had this problem and have been surprised no one else is concerned about it. I guess it's something in my system. There is nothing on my imac that is not updated immediately. Any suggestions on how to attack this problem? Thanks.

Hi Chris B, again.

I deleted the beta 11 program (which I have done in the past with no results), but this time I searched my whole disk for "affinity photo beta". Came up with and additional 82 files scattered all about and deleted them. Everything works fine now. I have those deleted files if in case you would like to look into what the problem might have been. Thanks for your assistance.

• Staff

Hi Glenar,

It sounds like you have removed whatever files a 'Ctrl runup' would have removed which I think would also have solved the issue for you. I think beta 11 was using those files from an older version where this may have been an issue.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.