You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Liquify on flipped document

Hello,

Firstly, many thanks to the Affinity team for bringing this program to Windows. I've been looking forward to using it for some time.

I'm not experienced at beta testing, so apologies if the following is due to user error rather than an actual bug. My issue involves using Liquify on a flipped document (which I might want to do to check and fix symmetry and balance in my drawings, for example).

1. Start a new canvas and draw something on a pixel layer.

2. Document -> Flip Horizontal (or Vertical).

3. Switch to Liquify persona.

4. Push the image around using the Liquify Push Forward tool, and the image is liquified in the opposite direction than I would expect - i.e. pushing seems to be pulling, as if the document has not been flipped.

Thanks,

James

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

can anyone please confirm whether this issue has been fixed in the latest release? It hadn't in 1.5.0.43, and now the download for the beta .45 has been removed (and there doesn't appear to be a time-limited demo available for the final version?) I can't find out for myself without purchasing. After some trials with .43, I can confirm that it is definitely a bug, not a feature. I would like to buy and support Affinity Photo, but I really want to know beforehand that this now works, or at the very least receive from the team an assurance that a fix will be forthcoming.

To replicate the problem:

1. Start a new canvas and draw something on a pixel layer.

2. Document -> Flip Horizontal.

3. Switch to Liquify persona.

4. Push the image around using the Liquify Push Forward tool: you will see that the image is liquified in the opposite direction than expected - i.e. pushing is pulling, as if the document has not been flipped.

5. Even if you can get used to this reverse functionality, when you click Apply, the image becomes warped entirely differently to how it appeared on the preview, and is thus unusable (I'm guessing it is being warped as if it were an unflipped canvas).

Curiously, if you Flip Vertical instead of Horizontal, the preview works as expected, but clicking 'Apply' then applies the same unexpected reverse warping effect.

Thanks very much,

James

• 9 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.