You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

11 hours ago, bartosh44 said:

Is there any changes to that topic?

No.

If it`s not possible in Affinity Photo, so maybe you can offer me some third party plugin which will work well with Affinity Photo?

Frischluft doesn't work.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

• 4 weeks later...

You (OP) can get Your feet wet and try Your luck with BMD Fusion (post production/compositing software). You can get a glimpse here: 

Maybe You could yield better results if You render the CG parts with DoF in the first place. Probably slower but also nicer, depending on the renderer of course.

Anyway I'd be interested to hear when You find a good solution that works inside of Affinity Photo :)

• 9 months later...

I am daily praising Affinity wherever I can. I am very happy with both Photo and Designer, not even thinking about coming back to Photoshop but I really miss that feature. If some dev stumbles upon that post - can you tell if its even considered to add this some day for Photo? Or maybe some workaround appeared in the last year? I know its not massively popular feature but it is something that would made a lot of 3D folk happy I am sure. Something like this:

I will appreciate answer even if it is a "no" ;) Keep up great work guys.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

One year after my last post ;) Just like Affinity remains my main software for everything 2D - my interest in having that feature and need for it persists. Still needing it good folks, still looking for any news in the subject as you see. I know you guys cant work on everything at the same time, awesome job on adding GPU acceleration for Windows too. Just a reminder, please keep on in or add it to your list. Hope to see it coming :) Its really crucial to put together some cool renders made in ZBrush for example.

• 6 months later...

I`m using Filter Forge for this, Filter Forge pluging works generally well with Affinity Photo (except some things like selection area - they are broken //)
There is some ready-to-use DoF filters, but i finished with own version - depth is loaded as HRD geyscale map, sliced with curves, each slice blurred as needed and then merged back... works like a charm.

May recomend Filter Forge for many thing that are not possible in Affinity Photo, hoping Serif will make something similar with nodes in future )) FF is quite capable (although has its rough edges too)

It is already possible to use Zdepth pass in a... less then obvious way but it works. Dedicated filter would be brilliant but this is cool as well. I was said some time ago by developer:

"You can actually use the Z-depth pass, just select it and go to Layer>Rasterize to Mask. You can then clip it into a live filter layer (e.g. Lens Blur) to mask the blur. You might need to invert the mask (Layer>Invert) depending on how the grayscale info is written out."

I couldn't figured this out at first, but it does work indeed. Here is how, I did this little example for myself to not forget how it works :D:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, nezumi said:

It is already possible to use Zdepth pass in a... less then obvious way but it works. Dedicated filter would be brilliant but this is cool as well. I was said some time ago by developer:

Actually it is not the same. Pure Z-Depth blur never "Leaks color" from far objects to near objects, even when they are "near" in pixels . It masks pixels during blur, not after. But with usual blurs - this is not possible, since it blurring "near pixels" first. Although for simple cases this is not a problem

On 4/28/2021 at 9:59 AM, IPv6 said:

Actually it is not the same. Pure Z-Depth blur never "Leaks color" from far objects to near objects, even when they are "near" in pixels . It masks pixels during blur, not after. But with usual blurs - this is not possible, since it blurring "near pixels" first. Although for simple cases this is not a problem

Thats why I said that dedicated filter would be great ;) .
Yeah its not as accurate or as convenient. But I think very few people knows about this imperfect solution - searching for "Zdepth pass in Affinity Photo" results in zero solutions just "use this or that plugin", no tricks for vanilla Affinity Photo. So I think this is as good as it gets for now.

• 1 year later...