You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incomplete tooltip for Gradient Tool

In build 1.5.0.37 (and in 1.5.0.35) the tooltip for the Gradient Tool is just 'Gradient' instead of 'Gradient Tool'.

As a side note, the Context toolbar for the Gradient Tool is blank. Should there be other gradient types in addition to linear? The Fill Tool in AD has numerous options.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Should there be other gradient types in addition to linear? The Fill Tool in AD has numerous options.

Already logged as a bug, I believe

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/28458-poor-gradient-tool/?hl=gradient

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

In build 1.5.0.37 (and in 1.5.0.35) the tooltip for the Gradient Tool is just 'Gradient' instead of 'Gradient Tool'.

Hi Alfred

This has been the case for a while especially on the Mac side. Not all of the tools end with 'Tool' so this seems pretty accpetable

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thanks, Carl.

Hi Alfred

This has been the case for a while especially on the Mac side. Not all of the tools end with 'Tool' so this seems pretty accpetable

Thanks, Chris. I guess this is a "Won't Fix", then, but it does stick out like the proverbial sore thumb! Going down that toolbar, I find that the only other ones which don't end with 'Tool' are the Paint Mixer Brush and the Background Erase Brush.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.