You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resizing Problem

Not reproducing it here. It works as expected.  (native format and psd export, tested 200, 600, and with just opening a 600 dpi image, change dpi, the just "SAVE" , open that one, is with 200 dpi.)

Are you unchecking "New resample" . If you leave it as default, checked, it might not be changing things right, when all what you want to do is change the dpi.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Hmm, I am afraid there are some major problems. Opened a JPG -> resized and resampled it from 300 DPI to 144 DPI -> the Pixel Values boxes are showing comma! values. So after clicking apply the image looks terrible.
Then I simply click save (Menu).
I opened the saved file. The values are the old values from the original file (300 DPI), but the measurements are the new ones (144 DPI).

Same problem here. I opened a jpg file which is 4064 X 2424 px at 300 dpi

Resized the file to 144 dpi and saved in AP format, and then exported as a JPG.

Result file (AP format): 1950,7 X 1163,5 px -144 dpi

Exported as JPG :        1950 X 1163 px - 300 dpi

Zooming in the image shows that the JPG file looks much better.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Hi all

There is a known issue which aso affects the Mac side that images with metadata already embedded in it use that DPI when exported instead of the one that you set. Strippind the metadata in Photo or unticking include metadata when exporting stops this from occurring. Hopefully we can get round to solving this soon

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.