You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Isn't this going to get VERY Confusing..?

Hi,

I used to manage Configuration Management (amongst many other things) and I see a NEW beta was released today.

Isn't this forum going to get Very confusing...

Some will use the old version and log issues (possibly without saying the version) and those issues may be bug fixes or cleared as a consequence of bug fix(es)... 

Wouldn't it have been better to have a RELEASE numbered Windows forum and lock the old prior Beta release Forum (this one).?

Just thinking, as I can see this being a tail-chasing nightmare... for you guys...

Hope that helps,   Paul

I don't believe so, really. people should download and use the very latest, if are really here with beta testing purposes. Or at least, be sure they have the very latest previous to report even a single issue.

Anyway, a lot of what people report -me included- has been already spotted, documented, and not needed to be reported twice, despite of it having an included fix or not in the most recent beta...

What you mention, I have seen made in other beta / mods/ projects forums, and tends to too much micro division...Plus not sure if people would be that careful, anyway... That's my take at it..

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

PS... Kudos and thanks to the Serif Team for a speedy new Beta Release, too!

P

wait, How can we get an updated beta release from the original? every time I try to doenload it asks me to reregister and it tells me I'm already registered and the original download link which came through email only get you the original release

Does not work for you clicking on the first link of this thread? :

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/28425-affinity-photo-public-beta-15037-windows/

Sticky in the Photo beta forum, of course changing the url as there's a new beta.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.