You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Programs hang on splash screen, never launch.

Both designer and Photo install  but don't run.

Installer takes 3-4 minutes during the "checking for available space" part, after which everything seems to go ok. 

Launching the program hangs on the splash screen. No UI ever appears.  I have to ctrl-alt-delete and end the process.

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT730 with latest drivers.

Processor: i7-4790K @4GHz

HD: 256MB SSD installed as main program drive.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Well interesting, I had left it for a couple of minutes for bailing. This time I decided to wait it out. About 3 and a half minutes after launching the UI appeared. That's an awfully long time for a fast computer, I guess you can see why people will think the program has hung :)

I am at 10 seconds from clicking Affinity Designer shortcut icon to the application being available for using, for me that is a slow loading app.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

16 GB Ram

Intel i7 -2600 CPU @3.40 GHZ  Quad Core

Older spec computer but runs EVERYTHING I need.  If you can tweak the loading times so it is in the 2 to 4 second range from click to opening on my computer I would be happier. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem. All last week everithing was good and today Affinity runs extra slow

I recorded video with starting Affinity on my Windows PC.
In task manager you can see that nothing happend  in first 2 minutes and after it start to loading

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aIsgF9vRuCbkhiMkpnNDVYNjA/view?usp=sharing

No Crash reports in AppData folder

No logs in Log.txt

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

8 GB Ram

Intel® Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

Terry44:  For me AD starts 8 seconds before I click on the program icon, for me that is a very slow program, so I asked the doctor about it and he said, " it's a timey Wimey thing!", so I stopped worrying about it 2 weeks before the problem arose!

For those of you with really long start up times, check your virus scanner to see if it is scanning the program before it loads, if it is exclude it from the scanning process!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.