You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.37 (Windows)

No, not even the directory "Affinity" in the Appdata dir.

That means not even the first line of code has been run in the application. It sounds like a problem with the .NET Framework. Though I notice you said that you re-installed it. Do you have another computer you could try it on?

With a number of fixed problems already (as seen in multiple threads) when can we expect next build? Today for weekend testing or...?

Also, please include known bugs in the release notes. Makes it a bit clearer.

Also, I've had a number of crashes but not a single crash log/dump. Are you sure it's working as intended?

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

With a number of fixed problems already (as seen in multiple threads) when can we expect next build? Today for weekend testing or...?

Also, please include known bugs in the release notes. Makes it a bit clearer.

Also, I've had a number of crashes but not a single crash log/dump. Are you sure it's working as intended?

Release timings will be variable. It depends on what problems we're working on at the time, and how long they take to fix. I have actually created a build 38, and will probably release it this evening, all being well.

It's impractical to list all known issues, as we have an internal database with quite a few things in it... I normally use "Known Issues" to list things which I know have been introduced as a new bug in the latest build.

When it crashes, does it give you a dialog saying it's going to report the crash when you restart? Occasionally we have found that some crashes aren't being caught.

Release timings will be variable. It depends on what problems we're working on at the time, and how long they take to fix. I have actually created a build 38, and will probably release it this evening, all being well.

I know, but the "weekend testing" sourds nice I think. I hope I'tll be up :)

It's impractical to list all known issues, as we have an internal database with quite a few things in it... I normally use "Known Issues" to list things which I know have been introduced as a new bug in the latest build.

Ok, makes sense. I'll assume that if somethings not listed, it has not been fixed yet.

When it crashes, does it give you a dialog saying it's going to report the crash when you restart? Occasionally we have found that some crashes aren't being caught.

Yes, it does, but I have no leftovers nor I can see anything after crash (before starting again), but I'll double check that again.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

Hi guys

Gradient options are missing. Only linear gradient available at the moment?

Many Thanks

E

Hello Eeric,

welcome to the forum(s). This is a known issue and they are after it, already.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Okay, I am so use to Designer, but now it's time to get the hang of Photo and see what I can get from it. I'll let you know if I find anything buggy or off.

I will add that I love the distortion warp tool. That is the tool I was specifically looking forward to. I see it's similar to the distort tool in DrawPlus, but more nodes can be added. Shhweeet!

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Purely admin wishes in case we buy it to deploy in our team:

- command line to silently install it, with options like install path, language, etc

- command line for licensing (I won't go physically on each machine to enter a serial !)

- easy silent / command line updates

- same silent/command line for uninstalling, de-licensing (if we change a team member machine)

These are must-have for teams.

intel i7-3930K - 32Go - SSDs | Dual screen | Running last customer beta

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 | nVidia GTX 680 - v376.33 | intuos 3 - v6.3.15-3

• Staff

Purely admin wishes in case we buy it to deploy in our team:

- command line to silently install it, with options like install path, language, etc

- command line for licensing (I won't go physically on each machine to enter a serial !)

- easy silent / command line updates

- same silent/command line for uninstalling, de-licensing (if we change a team member machine)

These are must-have for teams.

Very reasonable multi-license requests, I may move your post to a new thread for visibility

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I think our only option here is to try Microsoft's Dr Watson:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/275481

Photo and Designer runs without any problems on my Win7 Pro PC in the office. But there is different hardware, drivers, and software installed. I've used the .NET repair tool and also tried different steps to get Dr. Watson run (on my system there is only dwwin.exe).

On Stackoverflow I found this hint: "0xe0434352 is the SEH code for a CLR exception. [...] So your process is not handling a CLR exception."

Can someone help me , please ?

I am trying to install  Affinity Photo and i recieve " Platform Update for Windows 7 not found " .

I downloaded , and when i run it (Windows Update Standalone Installer) nothing happen , ( i left for hours working ) 

I'm running : Windows 7 Ultimate - Service Pack 1

My system  : Intel® Core2 Quad CPU  Q6600  2.40GHz ,  4 GB , 64-bit Operating System  , DirectX 11

What can or must i do ?

PS : sorry for my english .

Hello

same thing for the viveza photoshop plug IN

If you add a control point, the affinity crashes

Most Nick plugins don't work.

AP crashes here also adding a control point in Viveza with the same error code mentionned above.

​Color Effex Pro 4 does not work. It loads ok, seems to work, but after an abnormal long time Ap returns without any new layer from Color Effex Pro.

​Silver Effex Pro works slowly but does not create the effect on a new layer as it normaly do.

​Sharpener Pro 3, loads, seems to work, but when you press OK the screen becomes black, only the AP tools are visible, and when AP reappears after a few seconds nothnig has changed.

Topaz Labs Simplify works but much slower as it used to. And when it loads the screen become black again with only the tools visibles, distorted because the resolution is changed (lower) and then it appears.

​It's the same for Noiseware plugin.

​If I change to WARP instead of the default Graphic Driver, most plugins work, but a few bugs are still there, for example, Nik filters don't create a new layer, but they work. Nik Viveza works as long as you don't insert a "control Point", if you do it crashes as before. But with WARP there is no more change of resolution when starting those plugins and th AP interface does not disappear anymore.

​I don't see any speed difference using WARP.

EDIT: Selection works slower with WARP

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"