You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.37 (Windows)

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: None

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity Photo 1.5 cannot be opened in Affinity Photo 1.4, which means that they cannot be opened in the latest Mac App Store version of Affinity Photo, and instead you will need the latest macOS 1.5 beta.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed exif data not parsing correctly (fixes image rotation)
  • Fixed HDR and Focus Merging of RAW files to respect tone curve preference
  • Fixed Develop, HDR and Focus Merging of RAW files to respect profile preference
  • Fixed crash using Release Adjustment on adjustments
  • Fixed DPI not updating after creating a preset
  • Fixed Develop Persona Snapshots panel not visible by default
  • Fixed crash when using Affine filter
  • Fixed crop not reverting to unconstrained mode on context toolbar after cancelling
  • Fixed Zoom % not updating properly if two documents have different values
  • Fixed crash clicking reset on keyboard shortcuts
  • Fixed crash when using shape or text tool on a TIF file
  • Fixed File Explorer window is locked until PDF import is complete
  • Fixed Spare Channels not loading pixel selections correctly
  • Fixed Customise Toolbar space icon not drawing correctly
  • Fixed Text style only kept for first character when replacing text
  • Fixed Zoom In shortcut not functioning for German keyboards
  • Fixed Panorama Persona missing studio panels
  • Fixed lock aspect ratio hover icon
  • Fixed Resize Document failing to calculate the correct dimensions when the aspect ratio is locked
  • Fixed crash deleting brush nozzles
  • Added Ctrl+, shortcut for Preferences
  • Fixed Rotate Anticlockwise menu text
  • Fixed Flood Select Tool Contiguous option not appearing as a checkbox
  • Added empty raster mask when Alt is pressed
  • Fixed 'Selection without background' causing an error when exporting with a slice selected
  • Fixed Photoshop plugins being disabled incorrectly (work around for plugin creators setting mismatched image modes)
  • Fixed crash in the Lighting Filter
  • Fixed Edit Text Style dialog jumping when clicking in the Style name field
  • Fixed RGB 32-bit having incorrect name in the Document Setup dropdown
  • Fixed Text Styles highlight/underline/strikethrough not remembering colour selection
  • Fixed being able to double click a 'No Style' text style
  • Fixed Text Styles outline not applying correctly
  • Fixed Text Styles > Reset Formatting not working
  • Fixed Ripple Filter not clamping minimum or maximum
  • Fixed Spherical Filter Intensity not accepting a value of less than 0
  • Fixed Lighting control resetting position when changing dialog values
  • Added missing Export LUT to File menu
  • Fixed create cursor being difficult to see on dark backgrounds at 100% Windows display zoom
  • Fixed Tone Map Overlay brush / erase missing 'Edge Aware' checkbox
  • Fixed File > Edit in Designer not working with a folder containing a space
  • Added 'Synchronise tools between documents' preference
  • Added 'Auto Commit Filters' preference
  • Added 'Enable Save over imported PSD files'
  • Fixed saving of TIFFs, PNGs, JPEGs to allow overwrite if possible
  • Fixed angle spinner to not display any number greater than 359
  • Fixed EXIF Description cursor
  • Fixed Develop Persona Defringe hue slider does not display magnified colour loupe
  • Fixed Resize Canvas anchor control drawing incorrectly when anchor is changed
  • Fixed rendering problems when dragging views between monitors with different Windows UI Scaling
  • Fixed Channels panel missing right click menu item
  • Fixed being unable to select previous recent fill swatch
  • Fixed FX applying automatically when selecting any item after applying blend mode in filter layer
  • Fixed Export Persona to add trailing slashes to path names (to match macOS version)
  • Fixed Advanced Export options for PNG missing "Embed metadata" checkbox
  • Fixed EXIF Description appearance

Installer

• No longer show language chooser if the current system language is available as a translation

Issue:

Color data for black seems to be missing or not being read by the program properly when using adjustments. (Or I'm doing something wrong)

Affects:

• Photo
  • Designer

Example:

I draw on a pixel layer with black as the color and when I go to make an adjustment with the levels, curves, etc., nothing shows up in the graph area and none of the adjustments have any affect. I also copied the same layer and brought it in to Photoshop to do the exact same levels adjustment and it works as expected.

post-9230-0-79880900-1479226998_thumb.png

post-9230-0-20056800-1479227001_thumb.png

post-9230-0-21757600-1479227003_thumb.png

hello

in this release, you forgot to correct clockwise and anticlockwiase display in the french menu

Hi, thanks for the report, unfortunately translations from UK English take a little time to catch up, so my comment refers to the updating of the UK English UI, and as soon as the translations are available, we will put them in the next update.

Also not on the list of fixes, but do you guys need anything else to get SD Quattro support working? I can share more files or...something,. 

I think we're OK for the time being, the cyan dots are Auto Focus points, and just need replacing. Hopefully the fix will be available soon.

I'm working in french on Windows 10 Family Version 1607 Version OS 14393.447

problem :

1-I open an image ( TIF file)

2-go to  Filtre( Filter)

3- select "Appliquer une image" ( apply an image)

a window popup is displayed, where the sentence  "Drag any layer onto this panel to use it as a source, Alternatively," ( not transalted in french).

4- I click on " Charger une image" button

5 I choose the image ( Tif file), but when i click on Open the following error is displayed :

Une erreur non gérée s'est produite et l'application doit se fermer.La zone de dizlogue

Référence d'échec s'affichera au démarrage de l'application, Code: 0xC0000005

Affinity Photo is closed by windows

I would like to substract a Flatfield image to an image

So far so good for me, although I haven't used this software as heavely as some here I suspect.

But I have to say very impressed by how responsive and fluid the UI respond when using it. You definetly have something good going on here and I hope you succed making Photoshop filters more stable and compatible.

Lots of people are tied into the whole Adobe ecosystem due devs not making versions of their plug-ins and filters beyond 8bf that alternative software by design can't run.

Cheers!

Hi, thanks for the report, unfortunately translations from UK English take a little time to catch up, so my comment refers to the updating of the UK English UI, and as soon as the translations are available, we will put them in the next update.

thanks a lot

• Fixed create cursor being difficult to see on dark backgrounds at 100% Windows display zoom

Thanks for this, Mark. I presume you're aware that (as in Affinity Designer) the Text Tool cursors still need fixing.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

"As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity Photo 1.5 cannot be opened in Affinity Photo 1.4, which means that they cannot be opened in the latest Mac App Store version of Affinity Photo, and instead you will need the latest macOS 1.5 beta."

Windows, not Mac!  :) 

Curses!  I can't get the quotes to work or delete this post!

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

Issue:

Color data for black seems to be missing or not being read by the program properly when using adjustments. (Or I'm doing something wrong)

Affects:

• Photo
  • Designer

Example:

I draw on a pixel layer with black as the color and when I go to make an adjustment with the levels, curves, etc., nothing shows up in the graph area and none of the adjustments have any affect. I also copied the same layer and brought it in to Photoshop to do the exact same levels adjustment and it works as expected.

If you paint black all color information will be black (left side of levels graph), it's the opacity that's different. If you select the alpha channel instead of the master your levels should work fine, I think.

If you paint black all color information will be black (left side of levels graph), it's the opacity that's different. If you select the alpha channel instead of the master your levels should work fine, I think.

I think you're correct, it was just confusing because Photoshop only shows you RGB together or each one separately and never indicates alpha channel.

I run a german Windows 7 Pro, SP1 on PC. When I had installed Photo Beta I could run it for one time. It worked fine. But after the first use of the application it never loaded again. When I try to start the application it immediately crashes without error message. In the Windows event viewer there is logged an exception error 0xe0434352 in KERNELBASE.dll. I already reinstalled Photo as well as .NET framework 4.6.2. Any ideas?

Greetz

I run a german Windows 7 Pro, SP1 on PC. When I had installed Photo Beta I could run it for one time. It worked fine. But after the first use of the application it never loaded again. When I try to start the application it immediately crashes without error message. In the Windows event viewer there is logged an exception error 0xe0434352 in KERNELBASE.dll. I already reinstalled Photo as well as .NET framework 4.6.2. Any ideas?

Greetz

Press the Ctrl (Strg) key and keep it held down while you launch Affinity Photo: the 'Clear User Data' ('Benutzerdaten löschen') dialog will pop up. Press the button marked 'Select All' ('Alles markieren') and then press 'Clear' ('Löschen').

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Serif,

Great work on Designer and Photo. Will undoubtedly purchase them when officially released and have flagged them to others at every opportunity.

List of things that I've noticed so far in Photo:

1. Tried to paste in text from a word doc and then from a simple txt file from notepad++ into a text box but Photo wasn't having any of it. It didn't recognise that there was anything on the clipboard.
  2. I've noticed a few times, text becoming curves. I think this is usually occurring with select/deselect of layers but I'm not sure.
  3. I cant seem to distribute layers. I noticed in the alignment dropdown there is some settings for distribution interval but it was greyed out (see attached image). I was trying to evenly distribute a grid of grouped layers with equal gutters between all columns - am I missing something?
  4. I keep finding it frustrating when I am editing a text layer, I instinctively press CTRL+A to select all text but then I just get a marquee selecting the entire document. It would be nice if 'Select All' can be a little bit more contextual to the layer(s) I have selected.
  5. I couldn't implement a bitmap pattern fill. I ended up having to create it in Designer and then copy the shape into Photo. Really I would be using Designer for the task at hand anyway but I was kind of expecting to easily add a pattern fill to shapes and found that task a bit clunky.
  6. I've found I'm really missing the option to choose whether clicking on an object selects the group or the specific layer. Again, might have missed something?

My work is more website and UI design so more applicable generally to Designer. I particularly like the guides manager window and the stroke corner styles and radius options and I much prefer the export process to what I was used to - it seems a much quicker approach. Great work though, really enjoying using both applications.

Many thanks,

James

Hi,

fine that this version supports the Nik plugins for 16 bit tiff files now.

I have a problem with Nik's Sharpener Pro: When I sharpen a 16 bit tiff file with overexposed highlights and add some structure in Sharpener Pro I get ugly artifacts.

It does not happen when I do the same sharpening for a jpeg or 8 bit tiff file of the same image.

It also doesn't happen when do the same sharpening of the same 16 bit file in a different plugin host like Paintshop Pro X8 or Zoner Photo Studio 17.

Regards, dke

post-41988-0-61334100-1479391557_thumb.jpg

Press the Ctrl (Strg) key and keep it held down while you launch Affinity Photo: the 'Clear User Data' ('Benutzerdaten löschen') dialog will pop up. Press the button marked 'Select All' ('Alles markieren') and then press 'Clear' ('Löschen').

It doesn't work/has no effect, the dialog does not appear. The application still crashes with exception error 0xe0434352 in KERNELBASE.dll :(