You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Post your supermoon images!

James Ritson

• Staff

To celebrate the supermoon I've recorded a video on editing supermoon images in Photo, using various techniques like HDR merge, channel equations, tone mapping, selections and cropping: https://vimeo.com/191612174

If you managed to grab any shots of the moon last night, please do share them in this forum!

My view of the moon wasn't particularly dramatic (East Midlands, UK), but I ended up with some nice shots, three of which I've attached to show how different editing techniques in Photo can produce different results. Unfortunately my longest lens was a 300mm, which with a 4/3rds sensor effectively becomes 600mm. Even so, I had to do some heavy cropping, resulting in images that are barely 2 megapixels in resolution.

I shot a bracketed series of exposures (7 in 1EV steps), with my base exposure being around 1/60s at f/8, ISO 200. They were then HDR merged in Photo (as you can see in the video) and tone mapped/tweaked further.

Look forward to seeing your shots!

James

post-8578-0-50703000-1479213145_thumb.jpg

post-8578-0-25414100-1479213157_thumb.jpg

post-8578-0-73152900-1479213163_thumb.jpg

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials