You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I exported my 44 pages of color illustrations into a PDF as one document, 2 of the pics went from color to shades of gray.  Exporting the same 2 pages as individual PDFs keeps the color but I am supposed to get all the pages into one PDF file, as per the directions of CreateSpace on Amazon.com  I am baffled and frustrated, not knowing how to correct this problem.   I appreciate any help you can offer me.  Thank you!

They either say group, curve, art text, or rectangle and appear to be set up no differently than the other 42 pages.  The odd thing is they export into PDFs perfectly when done separately and only go black and white as part of the whole document.  I am a complete novice at this so I am not even sure if I've answered your question exactly but truly hoping you can help guide me through this obstacle.  Thanks!

For emergency, separate the document into parts.

For example, if the problematic pages are 25 and 32 then separate the document this way: 1-24, 25, 26-31, 32, 33-44. Then combine them into Acrobat.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

The PDF preset is Flatten because CreateSpace on Amazon.com emphasized that the pages must be flattened.  I will upload the file for you.  Thank you also for the other suggestion.  I am so new at this and would be willing to try except that the self-publishing platform wants submission in PDF format.  I appreciate your response.

I believe the problem may be solved.  I did another export but unchecked the box “don’t export layers that are hidden by layer persona”.  

Then all 44 pages came out in color.  I hope unchecking the box will not cause any problems when I upload to Createspace.  Does this simple solution sound right to you?

Thank you both for your time and suggestions.  

Thank you so much for your time.  Exporting without that box checked seems to have solved the problem as all my pics are in color and they uploaded to Create Space successfully from my MacBook.  I went from Affinity Designer directly to PDF and am so glad this problem seems to be solved.  I just need to check out the previewer to see if there are any problems.  I haven't been able to do that yet but hope to tackle it tomorrow.   Many thanks!

Glad to hear you solved the problem.  :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)