You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any plans to design a lightroom alternative? I own Affinity Photo and an old version of Lightroom. For general photo touchups I would use LR far more than AP. Not because AP (or Photoshop) is not good enough, but because LR is quicker and easier for most things. Aperture is gone and now the only viable alternative is going to be the new MacPhun one.

Lightroom has some very quick tools and you can view multiple photos at once making it a go-to tool for most photographers. However, unless you subscribe to the Adobe tax system, you don't get updates or access to the raw files of modern cameras.

I bought LR 6 without the subscription and it works fine. Did you know that you can use Apple Photos with Affinity Photo? This way you can view several photos at once and then let Affinity handle the editing. You can't copy adjustments from photo to photo I don't think, or at least not as easily as with LR.

• 3 years later...
On 11/14/2016 at 2:22 PM, garters said:

Any plans to design a lightroom alternative? I own Affinity Photo and an old version of Lightroom. For general photo touchups I would use LR far more than AP. Not because AP (or Photoshop) is not good enough, but because LR is quicker and easier for most things. Aperture is gone and now the only viable alternative is going to be the new MacPhun one.

Check Darktable. It's one of the most powerful RAW editor, it's free, and to some it resembles LR a little.
Also, the development is quite active and if you want to try new features there are nightly builds.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch