You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP] Resize document function is too basic and not very useful

Opera

For me DPI resizing of an image without the resample option ticked is very essential to determine its print size.
But resizing an Image in the "resize document" dialogue in DPI without the resample option ticked doens't affect the values in the upper boxes (cm, Inches,...) during changing the DPI values. So I cannot see how a value change from 72 DPI to 300 DPI affects a document in centimeters. First I must apply my changes and then I have to reopen the resize document dialogue to see the new values. So the document resize dialogue in its present form is not very useful.

• Staff

Opera,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forum. :)

I am moving this to the Feature requests, where it is more suited. We are trying to keep this forum for bugs, as it's so busy.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi Opera,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Here's a small tip: assuming you have the units already set to centimetres, change the dpi as you wish then tick the Resample box and untick it again. It will update the width and height values for you using the new dpi value you have entered.

• Staff

Resize dialog really should allow entering cm/mm/inch when resample is not ticked, and update dpi value accordingly.

Yes it should.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Opera,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Here's a small tip: assuming you have the units already set to centimetres, change the dpi as you wish then tick the Resample box and untick it again. It will update the width and height values for you using the new dpi value you have entered.

Thank you MEB,

well, it is a workaround, but I'm hoping for an update of the resize document dialogue, because it's sooo essential for professional users. Evaluating the image for its print size is usually the very first step.

I have tried your suggestion but it seems there also is a mega-bug in the windows-beta version. If I change the values in centimeters in the left upper box the right centimeters value box shows only funny values. If I click apply the picture is distorted to a line.