You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Choosing between GPU or WARP

• Staff

Hiya,

You should aim to be using your GPU to do the rendering, it will basically be much faster. Which is why it will select your GPU by default.

WARP is more for a fallback, incase for some reason we fail to detect your GPU or there are some issues using the GPU to do the rendering.

You can read more about WARP here.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 1 year later...

so affinity programs do use the gpu? I asked some other time in a thread if gpu have anything to do with performance (in designer mostly) and the answer was negative, so I changed my gpu for an older one.

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

4 hours ago, nitro912gr said:

so affinity programs do use the gpu? I asked some other time in a thread if gpu have anything to do with performance (in designer mostly) and the answer was negative, so I changed my gpu for an older one.

We use the GPU for presenting the document to the screen, not for calculations / compute.

• 3 years later...

Appreciate both adding a GPU for use - nowadays it delivers a good boost in performance, and WARP option for disabling it. I have to keep GPU off Affinity because it often in use by other software (3d rendering) and cause instability.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.