You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Multi] Allow creating multiple slices from a layer

Good evening,

As far as I know, Affinity does not support yet to create multiple slices from a single layer.

Here's why this can become an issue for some works:

Let's say you design a button (very basic rectangle + round corners) that you want the export in png (so keeping transparency behind corners)

If I select my button layer and (in export personna) clic "Create Slice", I get an auto sized slice of my button, with transparency. All of this is perfectly fine.

But… what if I want a three parts or nine parts buttons?

In the case of a three parts button, I would expect to resize my slice to the left part, then create two other slides from this layer to set the central and right parts.

Sadly, this is not possible.

So I thought I could workaround this by manually creating my two other slices, but the manual slice behaviour is not the same (and I'm 100% fine with it), as it propagate to all layers.

Am I missing something?

Cheers.

WebSite.pngTwitter.png500px.pngFlickr.png

• 7 months later...

Hi folks,

It have been quite some times since my post, and I'm still missing this feature very much.

Look at this screenshot. I'm made a three part button but have no way to export the left and right part with transparency. The background is always added.

post-7538-0-24081900-1499248553_thumb.png

Hi MEB.

If you set the document background transparent, it's working yes.

Still, I'm working with artboards and need a color background to better see what I'm doing.

The workaround I found is to create a rectangle to the size of my artboard, that act as a background. Then I uncheck the "Make item visible in export" on the layer panel of the export persona.

But such a manipulation reminds me to much of Illustrator where we used to trick all the time…

So it's still not a perfect situation and it doesn't looks like the high end level you guys usually provide :/