You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Edit 360 degree images - lose quality

• 2 months later...

Having more than one layer in 360 projection is a must please ! This alone would make it a killer app!!!

intel i7-3930K - 32Go - SSDs | Dual screen | Running last customer beta

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 | nVidia GTX 680 - v376.33 | intuos 3 - v6.3.15-3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey

Any eta on the fix? This is quite killer feature but unless we can use it its useless to us :- (  I got quite few interior 360 to retouch and this is not allowing us/me to use affinity. 

Regards

Dariusz

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Mitigate blurring when converting to / from equirectangular projection.) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you,

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I'm gobsmacked this took three years to fix, and your still asking if it's ok, I never knew there was a problem until saw change log, looked at my past pics, oh dear oh dear, all very disappointing, need to re do vast numbers, shocking.

• Staff

@360

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

It took all this time because we thought it may be intractable. The equirectangular code is very complicated and the maths involved complex. It has taken quite some time to come up with this fix because it was difficult, not because it was ignored.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.