You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Fill Styles, colouring & alpha

It's disappointing, that the new Affinity Designer lacks some colour blending modes, which I found very useful in Serif Draw Plus X8:

quadratical, 4corner-colour-blending, 3colour-blending, grid. I would like to see them in the new product also.

Neither Serif Draw Plus X8 nor Affinity Designer has an option to set transparency to an object evenly. Of cause you can achieve this for example with setting linear transparency and then choosing the same alpha values for start- and endalpha. But if you are experimenting with a range of alpha values to find the best fitting, it would be much more convenient, if you would have an option "set alpha evenly" to change the value for (like you have an option to fill an object with a coulor evenly).

Neither Serif Draw Plus X8 nor Affinity Designer has an option to set transparency to an object evenly.

Hello xMicky,

in Affinity Designer you can set the transparency of an object evenly in the color palette with the slider at the bottom. Also you can set a layer's transparency in the layers panel.

I hope this helps,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

in Affinity Designer you can set the transparency of an object evenly in the color palette with the slider at the bottom. Also you can set a layer's transparency in the layers panel.

For what it's worth, much the same applies to Serif DrawPlus.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks for the replies to evenly alpha-setting. My fault, I missed that until now, probably because I looked for alpha-settings only to the alpha-setting-tool, not at the color palette :(

Don't feel bad. We all are learning constantly and the community here is glad to help with it  :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil