You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lighting Filter Window Header Opens Out Of View, Can't Move Window

Hello:

When I open the filter window for Lighting, it opens with it's header out of view in the top of my screen, and centered on top of my image. Since I can't mouse over the header of this window, I can't move it. Can't find any way to resize it, either manually or with Affinity/Windows keyboard shortcuts. In searching, did not find anything in these discussions.

After playing around, I found that pressing Ctrl + Alt + up/down/left/right arrow, if rotates my entire screen, and the window header becomes visible. I can then see and click/hold the header and move the window. Then I rotate the screen back, and all is fine.

Was hoping that when I closed the Lighting filter window, it would re-open to the closing position, but it did not. Have had to do the whole moving process each time. Is there a faster way? My screen resolution is 1024x768, I use a CRT monitor and Win10.

Thanks! :)

Designing, Arting, Writing, Crafting, Lover of the Creative Life

1610156076_ACDSLogoSignature300x85.jpg.c89db6d14f97a9fa918b538f50ce769d.jpg

Linktr.ee

• 1 month later...

Hi, at 100% display scale, the dialog is approx 650 pixels high, so it should happily fit on your monitor. Do you have display scale set to anything greater than 100%?

Yes, I do. Thought of that, but didn't change it. I see that Paulo already tried that, without success. I bought the application, and I see that it wasn't corrected. Not a deal-breaker, just annoying.

Linktr.ee

Hi

As I said earlier, I've used all possible scales and it did not work.
I must remember that my laptop has better performance at 100%. Any other possibility, besides not solving the problem, causes distortion in the image.
  I'm using an Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 i7 (2015):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1bKzq19N9JHNmNXMm1GdjFEWnc/view

Tks

As I said earlier, I've used all possible scales and it did not work. I must remember that my laptop has better performance at 100%. Any other possibility, besides not solving the problem, causes distortion in the image.

That screenshot doesn't show your screen scale, it shows your refresh rate. Go to "Display Settings" on Windows 10.

Looking at the screenshot of the application, it appears you've definitely got a high scale on, as the UI is struggling to fit into the window.

Too bad that is the only window that doesn't fit at the 125% scale. I guess it has a lot more controls than the others. I opened a lot of them and they displayed low enough on the screen to see the header, but then the windows are shorter.

Linktr.ee

This is true...

I thought I was at 100%. But I was not.

The system recommends 150% (default) for best fit. As a result, the top of the lighting toolbar appears off-screen. When I go down to 100%, it appears in the center of the screen.

Unfortunately between 100% or 125% the picture is shown too small to be comfortable on my 13 "screen.

Tks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.