You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hide Selection

Menu View, "show pixel selection".

Go to preferences, shortcuts, dig for View menu, set "ctrl+h" for "show pixel selection". Works like in Adobe PS.   :)

Late EDIT :  Adding two screens below, to document better the usage. Very easy.   :)   (beta A. Photo 1.5.0.38 )

post-31469-0-87595300-1479924619_thumb.jpg

post-31469-0-41376700-1479924725_thumb.jpg

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

You are welcome !   Glad to help.   :)

PD: One difference with PS :  It stays hidden. In ps, each time you do a new selection, it is visible -you need to hide it every time-, and here, you need to remember to "unhide" . You can get to think something is not working, otherwise, while is just remembering what you set.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

I think it would have taken me while to find that one!

Me too! I think it would be good to have the Ctrl+H shortcut as an installation default.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Great shortcut! Now if only the Pixel persona in Designer were able to do the same thing. View > Show Pixel Selection doesn't exist in Designer, unfortunately, and I do a lot of pixel work with Designer where this would come in handy (mostly cut & grad coloring).

An obvious workaround for my use case is to switch to Designer persona and draw the selection area using the pen tool, then switch back to Pixel and paint over the new vector shape; it serves the same function as far as clipping goes. But it means that selections based on pixel information (for example, using the selection brush tool) still must be made using pixel tools, and the marching ants remain in the way visually. It would still be great to have the option to show and hide the pixel selection the same way it can be done in Photo.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.