You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

pt-BR Translation overriding Preferences Language (en-US)

Hi, I'm loving affinity products, and though I've downloaded and I'm eager to play with them I haven't had much time yet.

The first bug I noticed is that though I'm a portuguese using a portuguese system (pt-PT), I rather use all my software as English, and usually (en-US) as that is usually the standard and easier to find tutorials for.

The pt-BR translation is often too bad to be used and the pt-PT version is usually non existent too.

However, in this case, the pt-BR version is taking over Affinity Photo in some places. For instance, the brush list is showing the translation instead of the english version:

post-34166-0-43016300-1478962826_thumb.jpg

Probably this is also happening for other translations and I'll keep my eyes open for more cases.

• Staff

Hiya,

We have an issue where the brush list doesn't update the language used when it is changed, so i assume you ran up in pt-br, then changed to English?

Later on in the building most pt-br translations will be in, so if you would prefer to run it in pt-br hopefully our translations should be acceptable! If not you are welcome to raise localisation issues.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

@Jon P

I don't prefer pt_BR nor pt_PT, and I didn't choose to run the software with the pt_BR version.

Maybe Brushes is set to deafault to system language or the closest available language?

My system is pt_PT, there is only pt_BR, but my option will always be en_US or en_UK.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.