meachp

Locked Transparency

That message is coming from ReMask not Affinity Photo.

Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

Topaz ReMask requires the layer to have transparency (or an alpha channel). Duplicate the layer, and try again. I am unsure whether it is required in Photo to specifically turn on transparency for a layer, though.

You may also try to turn off the lock of the background layer.

Topaz ReMask requires the layer to have transparency (or an alpha channel). Duplicate the layer, and try again. I am unsure whether it is required in Photo to specifically turn on transparency for a layer, though.

You may also try to turn off the lock of the background layer.

Already tried all that to no avail, but thanks anyway.

I posted the same question and was told that Remask 5 was not compatible with AP even with the mac version.  However you can use remask 5 as a stand alone program.  Hope that helps. John

Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my sent images

I posted the same question and was told that Remask 5 was not compatible with AP even with the mac version.  However you can use remask 5 as a stand alone program.  Hope that helps. John

That explains it then.  Thanks.

Yes, you can use Remask 5 as a stand alone program, but that is not always a convenient way to proceed.  Remask works perfectly well with Photo Plus and (I think) with various Adobe products.  If there is a permanent barrier to invoking it from Affinity, that will be a fairly serious drawback for me.

Same error here. I can confirm that Remask 5 works fine as a plugin with Photoshop CC, Paintshop Pro X9, and Serif Photoplus X8.

Looks like Serif has to fix this.

Testing Affinity again and straight away came up against this problem. If I cannot use ReMask as a plug-in then I cannot use Affinity. Closing Affinity for another 6 months and I'll try again, perhaps one day it will be a viable product.

Apparently this problem still needs to be resolved.  ReMask 5 works for me in Zoner Photo Studio 18, PaintShop Pro x8, and Topaz's own photoFXlab, no transparency issues.

Problem is with both JPEGs and TIFFs.

As I've written in another forum, I have no talent or tablet for masking, the ReMask program makes me think I do! ;~)

Hopefully this will be corrected soon.