You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Working with multiple pages

I have been a long time user of DrawPlus and have made some birthday cards front and back.  In DrawPlus I set them up as two pages and was able to print them as page 1 and 2 - front and back of the paper.

With Affinity I started by publishing the card from DrawPlus into a PDF file, I then started Affinity and opened the PDF file.  In the work space I see both pages but when I went to print it only printed a single page and that was part of page one and part of page two.

Is there a way to page things in Affinity to accomplish what I want?

TIA,

Bri-ko

Welcome to the Affinity Forums, Bri-ko. :)

Affinity Designer doesn't support multiple pages yet. As a workaround, you can put each 'page' on its own artboard and then print each artboard on a separate sheet; if you export the entire document to PDF, you'll get one artboard on each page of the PDF file, ordered from the bottom to the top of the layer stack (i.e. the order in which you would usually add objects to your document).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

As a workaround, you can put each 'page' on its own artboard and then print each artboard on a separate sheet; if you export the entire document to PDF, you'll get one artboard on each page of the PDF file, ordered from the bottom to the top of the layer stack (i.e. the order in which you would usually add objects to your document).

Hi Alfred,

I am trying to understand how to export to a multipage PDF from the Export Persona. Searching the forums I came across this thread. It seems using artboards and the Export in the File menu is currently the only option. Do I understand this correct?

I tried it and it works as expected.

I am just surprised that the Export Persona does not support this.

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I am trying to understand how to export to a multipage PDF from the Export Persona. Searching the forums I came across this thread. It seems using artboards and the Export in the File menu is currently the only option. Do I understand this correct?

If I understand it correctly, dominik, then so do you! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If I understand it correctly, dominik, then so do you! ;)

Well, at least there is an understandable und correct working solution for now  :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil