You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HDR Issues

Have just downloaded the Beta version for Windows and am having problems with the HDR feature. It does the Align Merge Sources bit ok, then, when it gets to HDR Merge, it takes nearly 5 minutes before it gets to Tone Map, then I have to wait at least another 5 minutes before I can start adjusting the merged image. Is it because the files I'm loading are very large? I've been loading three JPEG exposures (-2, 0, +2) and they're about 20MP each in size. Other than that, everything is working fine. Loving the programme and appreciate being able to download it for free, even if it is still in the testing phase. Thank you!

I've tried it with Olympus Raw Files (15Mb), JPEG (9Mb) and TIFF (91Mb), 3 Exposures, -2, 0, +2 and in each case it has taken not much more than about 1 minute 15 seconds before I'm able to tone-map the HDR Image. So I've not found it particularly slow. What I have found though is that only the Natural and Cool presets are of any use, The others produce a lot of noise. Also the Tone-Mapping tools are not that good.

​Personally, as soon as the HDR Merge is done I press Apply and do all the adjustments in the Photo Persona. It just seems to be more controllable there.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.