Sign in to follow this  
bodobe

Helene (Vector Portrait)

Brilliant as always, Bodo!

I like the top one which is cropped. I don't really know why. More intimate perhaps? 
The eyes are so direct, they look just through me, –very kind at the same time.

And the illustration with her and the old woman as silhouettes is, I imagine, showing her personality, –helpful and caring.

Technically amazing!  I'm a fan. :)

- Affinity Photo 1.6.7

- Affinity Designer 1.6.1

MacBook Pro 8 GB
MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.2

Wonderful, as usual! If I can be hypercritical, the shadow on the silhouette doesn't seem quite right: it makes her look as though she has both feet off the floor.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Quite good, and quite demonstrates A. Designer capabilities. If anything, the nose needs a bit more work. Her left (our right) side of the nose, at the bottom, the shadow should end less abruptly.  Probably I would work a bit more on the shape of the nostrils, a bit too open in that angle. Without photo or real life reference, I can't know if it actually reflects her nostrils' general shape, and just need some details to explain it better, or if they are a little off. I'm inclined to think it's the former. Perhaps fingers... Middle phalanx a bit too round, for a thin girl. (fine if she were fat)

I like the hair lines a lot. :)

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

@Madame: Thank you, Madame, I'm very pleased that you like it. She's a cultural manager and organizes exhibitions in a museum and she's actually very helpful and caring  ;) 

@Alfred: Thank you, Alfred, you're right with the shadow. I was simply too lazy ... ^_^

@SrPx: Hi SrPx, thank you for your detailed description. In the photo the nose was exactly the same. I must admit, this nose was particularly difficult. The same applies to the fingers -  a real struggle. Thank you so much! :)

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de

You are welcome!  Nice site, btw, well designed  :)

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.