You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Another Color Adjustment Question

So I figured out how to select a color from a background image and have it show up in the color picker. But is there a way I can use that exact hue to colorize an entire image? I was playing around with the mirror filter, and got a fun design, and managed to change its overall hue with the color changer, but would like it to be closer to the color I selected from the background of another image. I thought I could maybe do this with the Add Preset option, but I can't figure out how that actually works, and couldn't find anything in the tutorials. Any ideas? Or is what I am trying to do not actually possible? 

• 2 weeks later...

You have to drag colour picker from colour panel to image area, not just click image. It (for some reason) does not behave like proper tool. And you have click the little pick colour dot to copy it to main colour. There are probably workflow reasons for these complexities?

Colorizing: first idea would be to make a fill layer with that colour and set blend mode to colour.

AD now has a Color Picker tool with options you don't get if you use the eyedropper icon dragged from a Color or Swatches panel. From the Color Picker Tool help topic (Note to the staff: It would be really great if a HTML version of the help topics were online somewhere so we could just link to them!):

Settings

The following settings can be adjusted from the context toolbar:

• Apply to Selection—when selected (default), the picked color will automatically apply to the selected object's Fill or Stroke, depending on which color selector is active on the Color or Swatches panel. If this option is off, the picked color is not automatically applied.
  • Source—determines from where the tool can pick colors—Current Object restricts picking to the currently selected object; Global picks from all objects, irrespective of layer and selection.
  • Radius—Choose to sample from directly under the cursor (Point 1x1) or from differently sized square areas where the color is averaged.

The Status bar at the bottom of the document window lists a couple of options not mentioned above. One is dragging instead of clicking with the tool. That pops up a magnifier just like the one you get by dragging the eyedropper icon from a panel. The other is holding the Command key when picking, which adds the color to the document palette (creating one if it does not already exist).

The default keyboard shortcut for the tool is L.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I was talking about Affinity Photo (no idea about original poster... :-) where seems not to be real colour picker tool.

Oh yes, there is also Recolour Adjustment layer available which monochromes underlying image.

I was talking about Photo as well, as an example if you wanted to change the the colour/tone of just the grass in a photo- click/select a pixel in the grass and then adjust all of the greens of the same colour in that photo. 

I was talking about Photo as well, as an example if you wanted to change the the colour/tone of just the grass in a photo- click/select a pixel in the grass and then adjust all of the greens of the same colour in that photo.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/29044-select-color-range/?p=140880

Hopefully they improve it soon, it's definitely on their radar :)

A small improvement is already in the latest beta, select sampled Color and adjust the intensity variance