You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Had a play with the HDR feature. I loaded 5 Pentax RAW files. Once Affinity had finished processing, I selected the high contrast black and white option. So far, so good.

I then applied the Dodge brush to emphasise a line of mist in the landscape. If I then export to jpeg and resize the image, I end up with some cyan dots near, but not under where I used the brush. (jpeg quality 95%). This doesn't happen when not re-sizing, and when I didn't first use the dodge brush. If I recall correctly the problem remained even after I had gone back on the History tab to before using the Dodge brush.

I tried to attach the original sized jpeg - not sure if it attached or not

post-41142-0-25198800-1478886339_thumb.jpg

I have been trying the HDR in Affinity with no problems. The output seems to be on a par with that produced by Photomatix and, if anything, that of Nil HDR Effexs (?)  Pro. Admittedly, this is only one trial of a set of stained glass windows, but I am impressed.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.