You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Developed photo not the same as in develop persona

Hi Andreas

By not the same I'm guessing you mean a difference in noise reduction? The preview for the noise reduction is dynamic so the preview depends on zoom level. to see the effect that will be applied when the image is developed zoom in to 100%. This should then produce the same results when developed. 

The develop process itself is slightly destructive so going back into it is start a 'new instance' rather than working on previous settings

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response!

Yeah there is a big difference in the noise reduction.

I think your right. When I zoom in to 100% the image changes.

Is there a way to develop the image as it looks on "zoom to fit"? It is annoying that there is a difference!

You expect something, but the result is different.

• Staff

Hi AndreasFurster,

No, there's no way to do it. Zoom to fit will not show you an accurate preview. I believe we will try to improve this later.

@jorismark,

It means that you must be seeing the image at 100% zoom (1:1) to get an accurate preview of the result that will be sent to Photo Persona. If you are seeing the image at a different zoom level the preview is not accurate because some of the adjustments - in particular noise reduction - are dynamic and change slightly on screen depending on the zoom level.

Regarding going back to Develop Persona: Affinity Photo doesn't keep the values you have used originally to develop the image. When you click Develop and send it to Photo Persona there's no way to change them again. It's a "destructive operation". This means that if you click again on the Develop Persona icon to go back to work on the image, you are actually working with the data that was already processed once as if it was new.

Was asking the OP :).

But since you're bringing it up: You say '100% preview' otherwise some settings are disabled (nothing special or new in that).. but how does that work with your zoom-scale which takes Windows DPI / scaling into account?!

It means you start enabling some effects to be viewed at 1:1, but at 100% the scaling on my screen might not be 1:1 device pixels since the use of 'logical' scaling? Still doesn't seem weird to you to not use device pixels ? :)

Do you mean that you set noise reduction, develop, go back and the number is different in the slider.

Or do you actually _see_ differences when you press 'develop' and how the photo looks in the photo persona?

Both actually. But I understand it's an destructive operation. Seems logical.

The differences is what I opened this topic for.

Hi AndreasFurster,

No, there's no way to do it. Zoom to fit will not show you an accurate preview. I believe we will try to improve this later.

@jorismark,

It means that you must be seeing the image at 100% zoom (1:1) to get an accurate preview of the result that will be sent to Photo Persona. If you are seeing the image at a different zoom level the preview is not accurate because some of the adjustments - in particular noise reduction - are dynamic and change slightly on screen depending on the zoom level.

Regarding going back to Develop Persona: Affinity Photo doesn't keep the values you have used originally to develop the image. When you click Develop and send it to Photo Persona there's no way to change them again. It's a "destructive operation". This means that if you click again on the Develop Persona icon to go back to work on the image, you are actually working with the data that was already processed once as if it was new.

Hi MEB,

Thanks for the comment. 

That's sad :( I ended up with taking a screenshot of the preview, and using that as result... Feels so bad  :wacko: 

Wished there was a better way!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.