You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Daniele Salvatore,

That's expected. It's filling the selected layer with a white to grey gradient (by default). You can click on the colour stops (controls) on canvas to select them and change their colour using the Colour panel. Clicking on an empty space on the handle lets you add additional colour stops. To delete them, click on one of them to select it then press delete on your keyboard.

Hi Daniele Salvatore,

That's expected. It's filling the selected layer with a white to grey gradient (by default). You can click on the colour stops (controls) on canvas to select them and change their colour using the Colour panel. Clicking on an empty space on the handle lets you add additional colour stops. To delete them, click on one of them to select it then press delete on your keyboard.

Why so complex for something that should be easy (as it is in AD)?

• Staff

Daniele,

It is the same tool as in AD - The trouble here is that in AD, when you drag the tool on a vector object (say a red circle), we know that you probably want red as the start of the gradient. In AP, when you drag a gradient on a pixel layer, we cannot know what colour you want to start with - so we choose white.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

This doesn't work for me at all. OK, I get a grey gradient, but I can't work out how to access any other colours. The help file says :  " When you edit a gradient fill from within the workspace, the Gradient Editor appears, either as a pop-up panel or as the Gradient Editor dialog"  Only there is no dialogue box or pop up panel.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.