You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.35 Incredibly high CPU usage in export persona increasing with number of slices. (leak)

Incredibly high CPU usage in export persona increasing with number of slices. 

If i start to export my projects, with each added slice the software is getting slower, and at times it maxes out a core.

My home computer can handle this with 8 logical cores, (see picture) but it's sluggish too. However a slighter older pc at work with 2 cores, just stops to a halt if i have over 20 slices. I try to rename slices and with each next slice i wait 4-5 seconds, JUST for the program to wake up.

If i restart the whole program, its good for a few minutes, and then CPU creeps up again. 

Worth noting, that the high cpu usage is there even if don't touch the mouse, so what you see on this picture is constant, and rising.

See the red line is the time i clicked on a layer name, then i just waited.

(Confirmed on 3 different PCs, on Win8, Win10.)

a39ad8a2074c46d192dc0cef9018a136.png

Now i couldn't replicate the constant cpu usage at home.

But the performance issue is still there. After creating like 50 slices, I had to click around at the slices panel, change the export presets, and then after a while if i try to expand a slice's export preferences, it produces a huge cpu 100% spike, and the computer is unresponsive for seconds.

The tool i have selected has no connection. The slowdown happens when using the slices panel.

(edit: slices panel not layers)

8b276da1a94a4111b28d002085ad570f.png

Now i recreated it from scratch.

I opened this file, and went to export persona, clicked around the slices, expand one, rename it, etc...  

Then switch back to Draw, move some things around, switch back, 

At this point it already getting noticeably laggy. Just selecting a slice in the panel reacts slower,

Now you expand some slices, rename them, and after like 1-2 minutes it starts getting slower and slower, just a restart helps

test-slices.afdesign

• 3 weeks later...

Same on 1.5.1.41 beta.

I have 141 slices in my file, and the lag is about 5s per action.

The cause might be the small preview thumbnails of Slices panel.

By hiding the Slices panel, the slow down is gone.

But I need to rename the slices in the panel, it's really a pain to cope with.

The Boss is watching you.  :ph34r:

Hi there, is it your first core that is maxing out? If so there is a trick us music producers do that can alleviate that and spread the workload across the other cores, all you have to do is bring up the task manager, right click the Affinity software, choose GO TO DETAILS, look for Photo.exe and right click it choose SET AFFINITY, disable core 0 which is your first core, this is the core that Windows uses mainly, when this core is overloaded it can cause a crash. It will revert back to normal after you restart Affinity, if you are still experiencing problems then follow the same steps as above but give Affinity a lower priority. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.