You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Have just downloaded  Affinity Photo. Am currently using PhotoPlus 8.Use the crop function many times. Take photos of Bowlers in the Green from a distance and crop to show the content/their action. Initially I thought the way this worked would be easier than 8. But the way when you crop and get a darker background than the area you wish to use, is, in my opinion better. Now I am not sure if this is a case of "What you are used to"  clouding one's judgement. I would be interested on what others think. Overall first impressions are favourable. Loading screen reminds me of "Photoshop.." I know, perhaps I should wash my mouth out!

There is a little "hidden" arrow at the far right of the crop settings that allows you to "Darken Border".  I think that may give you the effect you are used to.

post-17958-0-16634700-1479283535_thumb.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

There is a little "hidden" arrow

I think that's just down to your display settings, Carl. The 'Darken Border' checkbox is directly accessible here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Yes, there is. They are available from the Affinity Beta Support section, pinned at the top of the respective section, but the next Mac App Store update for Affinity Photo is coming in a couple weeks, so you may prefer to wait a little more. It will include all the changes/improvements introduced in the Beta.