You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.35 Align stops working if any anchor lines are set in Constraints page

• Staff

Hey Highvoltage,

I think this is to be expected. As we've anchored the object I would only expect the vertical alignment tools to work. If you click the top or bottom dashed lines in the constraints, you can only align the object vertically. 

Yes, that makes sense.

However in the current state, constraints only work inside specific 'constraints' groups and even then i would let the user align objects, cause WHY NOT?

If i pressed the key, that means i want the object to be aligned.

What if i want to align objects to each other, and at the same time i want to keep them constrained to the right side of the container?

f0a28a4fbea7492896855dd83eb603c5.png

What if i have 8 objects constrained to the right side, but now i decide to align them to another object? Should i disable constraints for them just to be able to align, and the enable constraints again?

On the same principle then, why isn't moving objects horizontally disabled when its constrained to the side? 

Especially because now if i move them i can use the snapping to align to the other objects with the smart guide, which is in fact just a different way of ALIGNING things?

For me it makes zero sense to disable aligning, if  i don't want to align the object, i won't.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.