You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom at 100% is different to other programs

Size variance is one of the many configurable 'Dynamics' available in the brush editor. Just double-click a brush to edit it and go to the 'Dynamics' tab

Well i checked that options before, the only thing related to size there is Size Jitter, there is nothing like Size variance or so.

I have played with Size jitter, and when i set it to around 20% with presseure value the stroke becomes less thick, but still cross the value i chose (in this case 5px). That is not the right settings though because i loose pointy edge of stroke. I want to keep Size jitter at about 80% and that will produce thickness over 5px.

Disableing everything in brush dynamics settings and forcing pressure to control size with a button next to brush options doesn't help either. The brush is to big.

Rafal - set your brush to not vary size with pressure and test your results - a 5px brush will generate a nozzle of 5px. When you apply pressure, we show pressure as a variance about the nominal size, so it will get larger than 5 or smaller than 5. The brush editor dialogue has blue variance markers shown around the width slider so you can clearly see that it will vary larger.

We are in control of all stages and all quality/samplers in place. Everything can be modified and I will talk to Mark about what we will agree to do. I wrote the Mac version and I know why I think it is desirable to act as it does - but as I said earlier we could add a preference to pretend that the screen scaling is 100% and then it will act like the other software you are used to.

Thanks,

Matt

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying at all the current viewing-with-scaling is bad. It's the new hi-res / retina world and DPI and OS-scaling-factors are getting more important. In the Windows world 'DPI" has been blatantly ignored since before Windows 7, and is only really being used by the OS itself since Windows 8 (and I think even 8.1).

So yeah, it's one of those things were not everything has to be like the old ways. "What we're used to before" doesn't mean it's the correct way. That's why I stress on the 1:1-device-pixel 'unscaled viewing' part, because that's what  I (at least) find important in this. How the rest of the viewing percentages go I don't care, as long as there is a quick to reach 1:1-true-device-pixel viewing size :).

What the easiest (or best) way is to accomplish this (and if it's something you're actually going to do) is completely up to you guys/girls over at Serif of course.

Wow! great news. Affinity listens to their customers.

I will try it out tomorrow asap....

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

NVIDIA RTX 3090: Studio drv.

CPU I7-9700KF: RAM 64GB: &SSD

Monitor 4K

Microsoft Surface 8 Pro i7/16gB Win11Pro

Spoiler

Hi jorismak

no, it is the second customer beta..

Release 1.5.1.45 and then the betas:46 & 47

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

Monitor 4K

Spoiler

100% zoom = 1:1 pixelview, that is great.. Works now as expected. Many thanks for this update. Live can be so easy ;) ...

A 100% zoom at startup or fit to window choice in settings would be fine....

If now the dark, too dark user interface would be a bit brighter, that would be too good to be true. :D 

Maybe together with a better contrast ratio for a selected tool in the pallets (my monitor is calibrated to 130 cd/m2)

Like XDP.....on both programs I have selected the filltool. Take a look at my screenshot in the attachment.

post-35903-0-09069600-1482163263_thumb.png

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

Monitor 4K

Spoiler

In preferences, you can change that amount of gamma, I believe. Just not make it a fully clear white UI, but that gamma you show in the screenshot, I believe is possible in the setting for it in preferences...

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.