Sign in to follow this  
Terry44

Affinity Designer for creating Web pages?

Hi,

Sorry if this is listed somewhere or in a thread I should of seen but I am interested in creating actual html and css based web pages and not graphical interfaces for mobile apps or software. Can Affinity Designer do this?   I see from the intro video that there is mention of using it for web design but what exactly is that referring to?     Html & CSS?

I like the look of the product and also the Photo version as well but I need a tool to replace several Adobe Creative Cloud applications and wondering if this is the right one for me or not?

I have windows 10 Pro 64 bit on an older desktop computer as well as a basic Dell laptop that also has Windows 10 64 bit on it, is there a installation license that allows for multiple computers or just one?   

If this is wrong place to ask this please move it to the right place in the forums.

Thanks,

Terry

Hi Terry,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Designer can only be used to design websites graphically. There's no HTML/CSS export.

The license allows you to install it on multiple computers if there's only a single user/owner or just on a single computer if there's multiple users (not both situations simultaneously).

During the Beta only you can install it freely on whatever computers you want.

Ok, so this is a mockup software then and not actually for creating fully functional website themselves.  

Is there a tool from serif that can take the layout created in Designer and create a functional website from it?  The html and css, javascript ?   
I want a visual designer that I can design a website in and then turn around and export it out and put it on the internet, anything like that available?  Do you have suggestions for doing something like this?

Thanks.

Ok, so this is a mockup software then and not actually for creating fully functional website themselves.  

Is there a tool from serif that can take the layout created in Designer and create a functional website from it?  The html and css, javascript ?   

I want a visual designer that I can design a website in and then turn around and export it out and put it on the internet, anything like that available?  Do you have suggestions for doing something like this?

Thanks.

http://www.serif.com/webplus/

Took a look at the other serif products for windows.   Is affinity designer a replacement also for the drawplus x8 product which is an illustrator type of software right?    I understand now that AD is a fireworks, photoshop replacement for the graphical design mockups.

I am a freelance webdesign, developer but focus mostly on internet based websites and portals.  Are the serif products, webplus, pageplus professional quality or should I look elsewhere?   I am replacing Adobe's Creative Cloud software.

Took a look at the details of webplus x8  and it seems to be an outdated software, talking about IE9 and windows 8 compatible.  Is there going to be an affinity version of a web designer for windows?  Seems the Affinity softwares are the professional version of the software, a new direction for the company seems like.  Good, I just need something now though.  Hmmm...

Hi Terry,

The Plus line of software for Windows is not being developed anymore. There's currently no plans to develop a similar software like WebPlus in the new Affinity line.

Currently there's only Affinity Designer for graphic / web (graphical) / UI design and illustration and Affinity Photo for RAW conversion/development and photo editing. There's a desktop publishing app planned for later called Affinity Publisher as well as a DAM software (digital assets management) besides Designer and Photo versions for iPad.

Hi Terry,

Affinity Designer is not a replacement for DrawPlus but is a brand new piece of software built from the ground up. You would compare Designer to Illustrator and Photo to Photoshop. Designer has a Pixel Persona which handles raster design. 

WebPlus is primarily a drag and drop application. If you are looking for more information regarding WebPlus, I would highly recommend taking a look at CommunityPlus.

There are no current plans to release a web application for the Affinity range. 

Hi Terry,

The Plus line of software for Windows is not being developed anymore. There's currently no plans to develop a similar software like WebPlus in the new Affinity line.

Currently there's only Affinity Designer for graphic / web (graphical) / UI design and illustration and Affinity Photo for RAW conversion/development and photo editing. There's a desktop publishing app planned for later called Affinity Publisher as well as a DAM software (digital assets management) besides Designer and Photo versions for iPad.

Is there a date on the Affinity Publisher?  I am looking at the current product PagePlus X9 for PDF management and creation for newsletters and ebook creation. I assume I have to use something else to write the content in.

I will install the Designer Beta for windows and the Photo beta for windows and see what they are like. Is the windows price for these two products going to be same as the current Mac version?    I have a few other questions but will send email to support if I can find the contact info for those. 

Thanks.

Is there a date on the Affinity Publisher?

No.

I am looking at the current product PagePlus X9 for PDF management and creation for newsletters and ebook creation. I assume I have to use something else to write the content in.

PPX9 currently has some bugs which are waiting to be addressed in a final patch (probably not before the end of this year, since Serif are concentrating on getting Affinity Publisher out as soon as possible). PPX8 is currently better value, and as a registered user of X8 you will qualify for a large enough discount on X9 that the total cost of both should be less than the full price of X9 on its own.

I will install the Designer Beta for windows and the Photo beta for windows and see what they are like. Is the windows price for these two products going to be same as the current Mac version?

We've been told that the price will be the same as for the Mac versions. I believe we can also expect an introductory discount when they first become available to buy.

I have a few other questions but will send email to support if I can find the contact info for those.

These forums seem to be the primary support channel, and I couldn't find an email address on the main Affinity pages. Try support@seriflabs.com.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

There's a desktop publishing app planned for later called Affinity Publisher as well as a DAM software (digital assets management) besides Designer and Photo versions for iPad.

They can't come fast enough  :lol:

PPX9 currently has some bugs which are waiting to be addressed in a final patch (probably not before the end of this year, since Serif are concentrating on getting Affinity Publisher out as soon as possible). PPX8 is currently better value, and as a registered user of X8 you will qualify for a large enough discount on X9 that the total cost of both should be less than the full price of X9 on its own.

I can't find PPX8 on serif.com for sale and checking Amazon it is identical price to PPX9 so unless PPX9 is a free upgrade then I would be paying more for both versions than 9 on it's own. If you can direct me to where PPX8 is on sale for less and let me know the upgrade price to PPX9 that would be appreciated. I can't see an upgrade price unless I buy PPX first, or at least I have not found it, am I looking in wrong place on serif.com?

I can't find PPX8 on serif.com for sale and checking Amazon it is identical price to PPX9 so unless PPX9 is a free upgrade then I would be paying more for both versions than 9 on it's own. If you can direct me to where PPX8 is on sale for less and let me know the upgrade price to PPX9 that would be appreciated. I can't see an upgrade price unless I buy PPX first, or at least I have not found it, am I looking in wrong place on serif.com?

My apologies, Terry. I had intended to include this link in my previous post: http://www.serif.com/pageplus/offer

As you can see, the offer price for X8 is a third of the full price for X9. The upgrade discount is not far short of 40%.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

You're welcome, Terry. You'll get plenty of help, if you need it, from Serif's PagePlus forum.

Alfred online2long.gif