You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a document with some embedded icons with multiple colors. The document is a web page. The icons are inside of this web page. I have global colors for the web page document. When I open the embedded document by double clicking it, I don't see my global colors from the 'web page' document. Since I am experimenting with the colors as a whole, changing them all at once, it does not make sense to 'export' the colors from the web page document, just to use them in the embedded document to get the colors in there, as they will change. It seems counter intuitive to have to open this embedded document and not have my global colors from the web page document available to make changes. I should be able to edit the global color and have it effect the colors on the web page document and the embedded document. How can I do this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Global colours are stored in Document Palettes and they're only available to the document they're saved in. I can only suggest what you've already found - export the Document Palette from the icons document and import into the Web document.

Not sure if this is something the devs can improve but feel free to start a thread in the Feature Request section.